E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Unfavorable driving profile"

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by LJTX545I' post='636971' date='Jul 31 2008, 02:47 PM
Should E60's come with warning stickers on the dash that say "Drive this car at Hwy speeds 3 times a week, or you will void the warranty on your battery"?
No but e60's should come with stickers saying, "Please consult with the e60.net forum before speaking with your SA"
Old 07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Rudy is going to jump on this opportunity IMMEDIATELY!

I must leave for holiday in Europe for the next 2.5 months. I'm concerned that the requisite number of hours, miles, and speeds will not be recorded for my e60.

To avoid warranty problems as a non-compliant driver, will someone out there volunteer to drive my car 3x / week at highway speeds for the mandated number of hours. Of course I'll pay for gas and tolls and even throw in $$'s = to the government per diem for meals that are required on scheduled breaks.

Don't contact me today ... I need to report for a psychotherapy session and will not be able to receive any acceptances of offers to help me with this dilemma!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Members

I had the same thing happened to me on my 535xi a month after i got the car. i drive 14 miles a day and the SA told me that it wasn't enough. The trickle charge did help. I suppose with all that electronics in the car. But ever since i trickle charged the battery, it never happened again.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Members

I was told to avoid needing a trickle charger to set the cruise at 160mph for 10 minutes, twice a day.

So far it's worked great, but I'm having a hard time making bail much past Wednesday every week.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Not exactly same story but...

I had low bass issue in my other car. Radio had no bass. It was only there when my bass knob was in the max position. This on the other hand caused door panel to rattle. I took the car to the dealer and I was told and it is on my paperwork that: Customer listens to the stereo with excesive bass!!!! I have a stock system with no mods...
Old 08-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rafichicago' post='639438' date='Aug 4 2008, 02:59 PM
Not exactly same story but...

I had low bass issue in my other car. Radio had no bass. It was only there when my bass knob was in the max position. This on the other hand caused door panel to rattle. I took the car to the dealer and I was told and it is on my paperwork that: Customer listens to the stereo with excesive bass!!!! I have a stock system with no mods...

Amazing what they put on those print outs. I would feel like a complete idiot printing that out and/or saying that to a customer. I guess after working there for a while, you just get used to giving people BS comments and reasons for car malfunctions.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='636747' date='Jul 31 2008, 09:23 AM
I find it amazing what some of these BMW SA's pull out of their arse sometimes. That could be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. So basically, in order to own and drive a BMW, it needs to be driven constantly or the car won't work properly? Are they kidding!?!?! That guy should be fired just for saying something so ludicrous. Did you call his boss/manager and talk to him?

DITTO!! What C said, these guys are really out of it somtimes
Old 08-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

wait a minute... okay.. this may be a dumb question.. but what the hell is a "trickle charger"? i have never heard of such a thing.. and u mean to tell me that if i dont drive my car for a week.. it will be dead?? im going away wednsday..returning sunday.. and my car will be DEAD!? that is only 5 DAYS!!! holy crap what is this??

someone please calm my ass down
Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by melimel' post='639454' date='Aug 4 2008, 03:20 PM
wait a minute... okay.. this may be a dumb question.. but what the hell is a "trickle charger"? i have never heard of such a thing.. and u mean to tell me that if i dont drive my car for a week.. it will be dead?? im going away wednsday..returning sunday.. and my car will be DEAD!? that is only 5 DAYS!!! holy crap what is this??

someone please calm my ass down

I went away for a week (without the 5) and when I came back it started right up. It was fine for a week. Then when I went out to start it up after work, it would not start. At this point, I refuse to purchase a trickle charger. If they want to give me one, then I will consider using it. I am hoping this was a one time occurence for me, but who knows.

A trickle charger is a charger that you hook up to your car to keep the battery fully charged. They basically told me that my trips were too short to keep that battery at a high charge. My main problem with that is the fact that I have had the same driving situation for the past 7-8 years and I have never run into this problem before.

Oh.... one more thing. Calm your ass down
Old 08-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

im trying.. just never heard of such a thing i swear... seriously though these cars are amazing.. i cant believe this shit happens.. im stupified kinda..lol

Quick Reply: "Unfavorable driving profile"