E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Uncomfortable seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by kkrazykool' post='325344' date='Aug 22 2006, 05:39 PM
Hi there, when you say you had them replaced, did you get the BMW dealership to replace them or source the seats yourself and fitted them yourself? By the way how much did they cost?

I've had a Merc and Audi before but have found that the Sports Seats in my 530d are giving me back pain, my wife suggested a small tube pillow which has sorted out the back pain but doesn't look cool

Why not put that pillow in the seat so you can't see it??

Have a read of this post as I did a similar thing the other day.......

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=324004
Old 08-23-2006, 04:14 AM
SRV
Members

Comfort seats are the only seats to have in your BMW. THe other seats belong in your Chevy.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring, Titanium Silver, HiFi Loudspeaker system, Heated Front Seats, Tracker Retrieve, Media Package, Black Dakota Leather & Steptronic Transmission

Originally Posted by gIzzE' post='325439' date='Aug 22 2006, 08:44 PM
Why not put that pillow in the seat so you can't see it??

Have a read of this post as I did a similar thing the other day.......

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=324004
That's a damn excellent idea!!

How difficult is it to take the seat appart though?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by kkrazykool' post='325693' date='Aug 23 2006, 02:34 PM
That's a damn excellent idea!!

How difficult is it to take the seat appart though?

Really easy, you grab the backrest at the top on both sides, whilst sitting in the backseat obviously, and then you pull it left as hard as you can and towards you (away from the seat). You need to pull left hard and away gently, if it doesn't come away easily you have not pulled it far enough left.

There is a thread somewhere with pics and a video, but I can't find it now, do a search for seat removal and you should find it.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 520d M-Sport / Silver Grey / Maple Wood / Black Dakota Leather / Heated Comfort Seats / Media Pack With Extended Voice Control / Space Saver Spare Wheel / Sun Protection Glass

When I initially test drove the E60 it was with standard seats. They felt very comfortable for about 15 minutes, but after that the lack of support was evident and after 40 minutes I was glad to get out of the car. This was in an SE which had rather noisy 17" RFTs which also gave heavy steering. I then immediately test drove an M-Sport with standard Sports Seats. These were far better from the off with superior support in all directions. The 18" RFTs on the M-Sport were quieter and gave lighter steering. A revelation, and I would never have purchased an SE after that. I finally decided to take the comfort seats as I'm a sucker for gadgets and they adjust in so many ways for so few dollars. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant they are probably the car's finest point and undoubtedly if I had to chose just one option it would be these!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Members

Said it in another thread but seeing as I hate them so much here goes again. Bougth a 520d SE with standard cloth seats. Fine for the test drive (30 mins) however after my first 2 hour drive hated it. After 4 days bought a 520d M Sport. Sport seats are a whole lot more comfy for me and the drive keeps you entertained too so you're not just focuessed on the headache and backache. Only happiness I can take from the SE is that the part ex was the same as I paid for the car and I still got ?'s off the sport.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring, Titanium Silver, HiFi Loudspeaker system, Heated Front Seats, Tracker Retrieve, Media Package, Black Dakota Leather & Steptronic Transmission

Originally Posted by Nevermind' post='325881' date='Aug 23 2006, 09:35 PM
When I initially test drove the E60 it was with standard seats. They felt very comfortable for about 15 minutes, but after that the lack of support was evident and after 40 minutes I was glad to get out of the car. This was in an SE which had rather noisy 17" RFTs which also gave heavy steering. I then immediately test drove an M-Sport with standard Sports Seats. These were far better from the off with superior support in all directions. The 18" RFTs on the M-Sport were quieter and gave lighter steering. A revelation, and I would never have purchased an SE after that. I finally decided to take the comfort seats as I'm a sucker for gadgets and they adjust in so many ways for so few dollars. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant they are probably the car's finest point and undoubtedly if I had to chose just one option it would be these!
Hmmm... I should have gone for the comfort seats also!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011
Arrow

Originally Posted by RaZCaL' post='278232' date='May 4 2006, 08:51 PM
Anyone have problem with the seats in the e60 or is it just me? I have the premium package with leather seats that has the lumbar support (not comfort seats) and I find them very uncomfortable. After sitting through long rides, my lower back starts to hurt. I also find the back seats not very comfortable.
Anyone else experience this?
I have a 530xi, 2007, and just cannot get comfortable. I find myself fiddling with the electric seats every 3 minutes. Lumbar up, down, in out...no success. I actually had a loaner 328xi with standard seats that I drove for a week. What a difference! No back pain, and they weren't even that ergonomically designed. Who knows why, but they felt great. Now, I am back to my E60 and back to the pain in my mid back. It seems like it just hits me too high in the midback, and arches my back too much. Oh well....comfort seats seem the way to go. Next time.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d M Sport

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='437687' date='Jun 20 2007, 08:05 AM
I have a 530xi, 2007, and just cannot get comfortable. I find myself fiddling with the electric seats every 3 minutes. Lumbar up, down, in out...no success. I actually had a loaner 328xi with standard seats that I drove for a week. What a difference! No back pain, and they weren't even that ergonomically designed. Who knows why, but they felt great. Now, I am back to my E60 and back to the pain in my mid back. It seems like it just hits me too high in the midback, and arches my back too much. Oh well....comfort seats seem the way to go. Next time.
Hi

My sport seats gave me no end of back pain. I tried every position possible. The only way I get a comfortable ride is by sticking a cushion flat at the back of the seat. It stops the back arch problem, but doesn't look very cool.
Its the most expensive car I've had and the most uncomfortable. It slightly comforts me to know its not just me - although I wouldn't wish a bad ride on anybody. I will definately look at comfort seats if there is a next time.
Hope you find a solution.

Cheers

Red