E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Umnitza Rear M5 Bumper PDC Install Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i SMG, HUD, Cold Weather/Sport Package, Mtech front bumper, Oem M5 rear bumper, V1 Concealed, RPI Scoop, 6000K HID both Fog and Headlight, M5 mirrors, LED interior lighting, M5 SMG Shift Knob, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust Quad Pipe, 30% Tint, Sprint B
Model Year: 2007

I just recently bought a Umnitza M5 Body Kit. I'm having a local body shop paint and install the kit for me. Today they started the process of installing the new kit. They had no problem installing the front bumper. On the rear bumper they are having trouble installing the pdc sensors for the rear bumper as the holes are too small to fit the sensors from the oem bumper. The shop is looking into a solution for fitting the oem sensors since they can not just drill a bigger hole and pop them in. Another member is this forum had the same issue and had to replace the pdc mounts in order to get the sensors to work. I have 07 550 with the sports package. Has anyone else run into this issue? If I have to replace the sensors I'm looking at $210 a piece for each sensor. Also please be careful when ordering from Umnitza as they sell these bumpers as one fits all approach and obviously this is not always the case.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 545

Originally Posted by ironb
I just recently bought a Umnitza M5 Body Kit. I'm having a local body shop paint and install the kit for me. Today they started the process of installing the new kit. They had no problem installing the front bumper. On the rear bumper they are having trouble installing the pdc sensors for the rear bumper as the holes are too small to fit the sensors from the oem bumper. The shop is looking into a solution for fitting the oem sensors since they can not just drill a bigger hole and pop them in. Another member is this forum had the same issue and had to replace the pdc mounts in order to get the sensors to work. I have 07 550 with the sports package. Has anyone else run into this issue? If I have to replace the sensors I'm looking at $210 a piece for each sensor. Also please be careful when ordering from Umnitza as they sell these bumpers as one fits all approach and obviously this is not the case.
those are some big words if your not 100% positive....... and call them, they have a great customer service
Old 03-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Members

Yeah better check 10x before you bash someone like that you'll give us Junior-type-Members a bad name...

I ordered the front bumper from him and I checked the board thoroughly before dong so. Everything I came across pointed to him being a stand-up vendor.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 550i SMG, HUD, Cold Weather/Sport Package, Mtech front bumper, Oem M5 rear bumper, V1 Concealed, RPI Scoop, 6000K HID both Fog and Headlight, M5 mirrors, LED interior lighting, M5 SMG Shift Knob, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust Quad Pipe, 30% Tint, Sprint B

Just stating the facts.

Originally Posted by Tarhee
those are some big words if your not 100% positive....... and call them, they have a great customer service
Old 03-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Contributors

Just stating the facts.

well the bumper fits, the issue is its a rep so the pdc holes are a tad smaller, some other members ran into the same issue but i cant seem to remember how they fixed it, i think some slight modification did the trick
Old 03-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i, Sapphire Black, SMG Mods: Umnitza m5tech kit, matte black grill, CF roundels, cheapo ebay AE's, RPI exhaust (turned into quads), Uforged 20" wheels.

When I ordered my m5 rear from Umnitza they told me that the hole would be too small, but wouldn't be hard for a good body shop to modify. My body shop just made the holes bigger. I'm pretty sure, from what I remember, that the sensors are just held in by friction from a snug fit. I also have an 07 550 and my body shop didn't have a problem modifying the bumper. Hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Contributors

if the rear bumper pdc holes are considerably smaller than the front bumper, umnitza may have accidentally shipped and LCI PDC bumper. THe pre lci pdc sensors are larger than the lci pdc sensors. don't waste any more money, contact umnitza and have them ship you the correct bumper.

Trinity FTW!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Contributors

I wish they could ship me the right one but unfortunately the bumper is already painted. I just re-checked the boxes the bumpers were shipped in, the label for the front bumper is for 03-07 and the rear is 08-09 so they shipped me the wrong rear bumper. I will have to contact them and see what I can do.

Originally Posted by dbae1978
if the rear bumper pdc holes are considerably smaller than the front bumper, umnitza may have accidentally shipped and LCI PDC bumper. THe pre lci pdc sensors are larger than the lci pdc sensors. don't waste any more money, contact umnitza and have them ship you the correct bumper.

Trinity FTW!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Umnitza Rear M5 Bumper PDC Install Issue-dsc_0690.jpg   Umnitza Rear M5 Bumper PDC Install Issue-dsc_0692.jpg  
Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish they could ship me the right one but unfortunately the bumper is already painted. I just re-checked the boxes the bumpers were shipped in, the label for the front bumper is for 03-07 and the rear is 08-09 so they shipped me the wrong rear bumper. I will have to contact them and see what I can do.
I've bought a few things from Umnitza and never ran into any major problems, but yeah if they sent you the wrong part then human error may be to blame.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Contributors

should have gone with Trinity. Sorry to hear about the mix up man. maybe the body shop can drill larger holes.

Quick Reply: Umnitza Rear M5 Bumper PDC Install Issue