E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Umnitza mtech rear bumper install help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 07:14 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i
Default Umnitza mtech rear bumper install help needed

I bought the mtech rear from umnitza few weeks and am having a heck of a time installing it. I would think with the number of these they sell they would have it perfected by now.

The OEM bumper came off nice and easy had it down in about 10-15 mins

Couple of some things that I just need clarification on are the new brackets I bought to fit the mtech pic attached

Does the fender line need to be trimmed here to match the bracket? Guess I would have to drill a new hole for that bolt.

The center guide. Does the OEM one come off and get replaced by the mtech one? Form the looks of it I don't think the bolts on it would line up.
Part on the left.

The diffuser fit on the umnitza bumper is terrible. I was able to get it on but the fit is still not what it should be after a lot of adjustment.

I put the screws on the bottom of the diffuser to have it sit close to flush with the bumper. Are there any other screws that should go on the diffuser bumper attachment?

Now the worst part. This is what the back of the bumper looks like on the PDc

The PDc sensor hole is the correct size but if I put the OEM bracket on it and insert the sensor this is what the fitment is

Help!!!