E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Umnitza Lied

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 05:59 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Umnitza Lied

I see recently there has been quite a few complaints about this company, and I thought I would add my opinion. I had just ordered MTECH Bumper couple weeks ago. I don't have it yet. I had paid the extra shipping to have it come to my door step per fedex.. But they messed up and shipped it greyhound by mistake. It left California on 5/2 and I just checked tracking today, and it was just loaded in Nevada today 5/10. 8 DAYS to go a couple hudred miles away. I live on other side of county in RI. 3 hours from NY. When I had spoke with Tim K. and he apoligied for shipping it wrong he told me he had spoke directly with Greyhound and they said it was already through NY. This was last week he told me this.
So I was completely lied to. And at this rate its gonna take 2 months for greyhound to get this to me.

On a side note, has anyone used greyhound shippikng ibefore and have they experienced this record breaking shipping time?

I havent got bumper yet, and I am not complaining about the product yet. If I have same trouble that last few people have had Ill be sure to blast every BMW site about Uminitza as well. But I'll be honest also if things look good.

Just adding to the fire about this company. I know they dont control greyhound speeds.. but they messed up shipping and said there was nothing they could do to change it.. and I dont like being lied to.

That's all for now. Will update when I can.

AND...I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE REFUNDED 70 DOLLARS, BECAUSE GREYHOUND SHIPPING IS CHEAPER AND i NEVER RECEIVED IT ON MY CARD AND ITS ALMOST BEEN A WEEK.

Last edited by image969; 05-10-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:59 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535xi, E90M3, E92M3

You're not alone. I ordered my bumper from them a few weeks ago ONLY because they were sponsors on a lot of the forums. My experience with them thus far has been extremely poor.

I ordered an m5 style lip for my trunk, and an M5tech front bumper WITH PDC.
Before I ordered, I Confirmed my parts were both in stock.
couple days later I ask if they had shipped out yet. "Not yet. next saturday" was their response. Why would they wait? His response "packaging"

Anyways, the following monday he sends me the tracking number and says "here's the tracking number. We didnt ship the lip because shipping cost more than what the website charged you. so instead, we left the lip out" I was angry. The only reason i ordered them was for convenience. 2 packages in 1 shot. I wouldn't have to pay extra for shipping the lip. it shipped out at 6:40pm. he could have called my phone. They would have known this BEFORE it was packaged.

Anyways, That's fine.. I'll live.
Once i received the bumper, i notice it had NO PDC holes. I emailed and he said we dont sell them with the holes. you can drill the holes out yourself. I told them that wasnt acceptable and that I ordered WITH PDC. We went back and forth a bit and long story short is they won't ship me the bumper I paid for.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:03 PM
New Members

BTW, they're part of the BBB.
File a report. I am.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 550i 6sp M-Tech. 18mm spacers rear, 8mm front. Dinan intake and Stage 2 tune. Tinted tails, M5 OEM lip spoiler. 08 Z4 3.0si Black on Black with Beige top. Removable hardtop. (Hers) 06 Volvo S60R Heavily Modded!! Gone and missed.

Good luck getting that 70 bucks back. I had to drive 50 minutes to the greyhound station to get my rear bumper, then had to unbox it to inspect it in the parking lot of a gas station before taking delivery. Also two two months after the initial promise date.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 AM
New Members

Matt from Umintza process my refund yesterday, and went out of his way to call me today. He did some explaining as to why the shipping was taking as long as it did. And that it wasn't Tim who had lied, but he had just reiterated what he was told. ook the time to explain alot to me and how everything works..
FYI - He was not calling me back.. He was taken the time to call me because he saw me posting about this in this forum.. Just wanted to be fair and add this to my thread..
I will be giving one final update...Im hoping a very positive one once I receive my stuff.

PS - He also explain that there are 7 different PDC holders in back of the bumper and that even him himself just found out that there were so many .. That could be why some people have issue.

All in all I was glad he called and he seemed like a nice guy..

To be continued...
Old 05-12-2014, 01:37 PM
New Members

Yep, matt called me today and together we found out there are 7 different ones. I sent him pics of mine, and he had never seen one like mine.

Originally Posted by image969
Matt from Umintza process my refund yesterday, and went out of his way to call me today. He did some explaining as to why the shipping was taking as long as it did. And that it wasn't Tim who had lied, but he had just reiterated what he was told. ook the time to explain alot to me and how everything works..
FYI - He was not calling me back.. He was taken the time to call me because he saw me posting about this in this forum.. Just wanted to be fair and add this to my thread..
I will be giving one final update...Im hoping a very positive one once I receive my stuff.

PS - He also explain that there are 7 different PDC holders in back of the bumper and that even him himself just found out that there were so many .. That could be why some people have issue.

All in all I was glad he called and he seemed like a nice guy..

To be continued...
Old 05-12-2014, 04:55 PM
New Members

Yea he axtually told me ur story too on the phone about the 7 lol. It least put me at ease that he reached out on his own. So we shall see. Good luck to u as well.