E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tyre test from German ADAC

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The very honorable German autoclub ADAC (not ACAC) tested summer
tyres in the size of 225/45 17" on a MB E.

If you do not figure out the German, please let me know.

The link is here.

PS. Anyone know how to edit the topic if one f**ks it up????
Old 03-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

i give you an advise. if you follow the link you will see a chart. on the left side there are the tyres, in the first gap the prices, the second gap the result by driving on a dry road, third wet road, fourth the loudness, fifth roll resistance, sixth wear and in the last gap the rating.
"besonders empfehlenswert" means especially recommendable, "empfehlenswert" means recommendable, "bedingt empfehlenswert" means conditional recommendable. here you are.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

yeah, and the winner is: Bridgestone Potenza RE050A of course

they are already waiting in my garage for the spring time
Old 03-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Based on this test I still just may go for the PS2's...

What I especially like about the Michelins are the dry wheather
handling (number 1), really good roll recistance (saves gas) and
the tiny abrasion.
They are also next to the best in the noice aspect.

But nothing about comfort in this test either!?

I still do not have any thrust in the Pirellis, they are manufactured by so and so.
Some tyre units may be OK but some maybe not.

Bridgestones, Michelins, Conties or GY's - that' s the question.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

how did you corrected the topic name Ric?? did you ask Lomag to do it? I really do not understand why the topic starter can't edit the topic???? not to mention the ability to delete a thread.... for instance in the classifieds when something sold already....
Old 03-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='262621' date='Mar 30 2006, 10:32 PM
how did you corrected the topic name Ric?? did you ask Lomag to do it? I really do not understand why the topic starter can't edit the topic???? not to mention the ability to delete a thread.... for instance in the classifieds when something sold already....
Did so! Asked the same Q's. Not sovled yet.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

What do the numbers mean? Lower is better? And is it supposed to be a decimal instead of a comma?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='262675' date='Mar 31 2006, 12:05 AM
What do the numbers mean? Lower is better? And is it supposed to be a decimal instead of a comma?
Yes, the lower the value the better the tire.

In EU we use decimals instead of comma.

Check out sese's explanations!