E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Trunk

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

The reason for the ~1 second delay on the trunk release button (every car I've owned had it) is so you don't inadvertently open the truck by pressing the button by mistake (like in the pouring rain when you're fumbling to unlock the doors!).
Old 02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Practising the trunk thingy on a busy parking lot is hilarious!
Place yourself somewhere near the car, not directly by it, wait till someone walks close behind it and let the trunk flip open
Old 02-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Quite an interesting thread..i was openning the trunk today and I held the button waiting for the trunk to open althouugh instead the panic button was activated...Then i figure i should let go of the button in order for the trunk to open...needs a bit of practice but got the hang of it after having the panic button awake me...
Old 02-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

It's tricky to learn, but after lots of practice in the garage and at least 33 bottles of Crown Royal, I think I finally have it down.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 530 Jet Black, Black Int., Nav, Sat, Comfort Seats, Xenon.

Thanks everyone.

I now realize its a timing thing with the remote, and it works. I feel better now tha I know everyone has a possessed trunk lid.

G
Old 02-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I do think that the trunk eventually "loosens up" and after some time doesn't open as rapidly. I think the springs break-in or something...
Old 05-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I'm totaly happy with the remote opening of the trunk.

I was just wondering how can I open the trunk lid while I'm inside the car and the key is in the ignition or even while the car is runing (on "P" of course )

Note: I have a European version and there is no "magic" button in the car that will open the trunk lid like you guys probably have in the US.

Any suggestions how to open the trunk from insede? Well, how about pushing the button on the remote?
I'm just worried to push it while in ignition because this way you usualy program certain functions to the key and I do not want to mess up something else.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:46 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='May 8 2005, 10:21 AM
I'm totaly happy with the remote opening of the trunk.
[snapback]125768[/snapback]
Me, too, Peter. I have not set the alarm off in about a year now -- every since I learned to count One Thousand and one. Now I don't even have to count. My subconscious knows when to release the trunk/panic button.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her

:'( At my last software updat (1 month ago) i could only open the trunk via the remote once I opened all doors. A change that can be made by the person reloading the car.

Also, I have gotten attached to the trunk opening very fast and a little harder to close. I highly reccomend adding the handle the attaches to the trunklid via the bottom screws of the license plate. This way no finger marks on the hood (mine is jet black so it shows easy) and also making it easier to close the trunk. I bought mine on ebay for $15.00. It comes in many colors and you do not even notice it.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Senior Members

i asked my dealer to loosen the trunk a bit since mine is very hard to close from day one. my sa told me they already did that and will p/u the car tomorrow. will see what happen .

Quick Reply: Trunk