E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Trouble with my color

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 03:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Act in haste, repent at leisure...
Old 04-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather
Question

Hello I just got back from my Sa whith bad news. He said if i canceld my car i am going too lose 20000-25000 sek. So i have too keep the car but if somebody is interested in similar car whith my options and my color, he well sugest my car. Then i will not lose samething and i can reorder my car to Carbonblack whith beige dokata leather. I can only pray and hope that somebody have same taste and buy it before 25 may.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

I let my wife pick the color on our 5er. At least here in the states you can't really pick a bad color so I was content to let her make any choice she wanted. Seeing the cars in person I felt it looked great in any color though we've less choices than you do across the pond.

The silver-grey is going to look sweet! Just start showing your wife some choice pics. Her initial choice was a very good one.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Silvergray is a perfect color. You will love it.. For me it is the best color I ever chose on a car. A was really fond of the lighter grey (had a few cars in that color) and blue but this is perfect.. The car never looks very dirty and when you wash it and give it a wax it looks great.

Plus carbon black = swirl marks
Old 04-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Next week ma Sa will give me a 535d whith m-sport i silvergreey for a weekend to drive to se if i change my mind. Silvergrey is great color but a BMW is more awesome in Carbonblack. I feel so depresed so i am considering too lose 3-4k $ too reorder my dreamcar
Old 04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by wowe' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:39 PM
Next week ma Sa will give me a 535d whith m-sport i silvergreey for a weekend to drive to se if i change my mind. Silvergrey is great color but a BMW is more awesome in Carbonblack. I feel so depresed so i am considering too lose 3-4k $ too reorder my dreamcar
[snapback]117217[/snapback]
Wowe,

Keep looking at the pic of Stream's E60 on his signature - I love it

Did it for me as I choose mine after seeing it!

If you have loads of cleaning time stick with the CBlack.

Have you ordered high gloss shadow line?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

Originally Posted by wowe' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:39 PM
Why do you lose so much ?
Do you have to put a huge non-refundable deposit down ?
Old 04-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Apr 19 2005, 12:27 PM
[quote name='wowe' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:39 PM']Next week ma Sa will give me a 535d whith m-sport i silvergreey for a weekend to drive to se if i change my mind. Silvergrey is great color but a BMW is more awesome in Carbonblack. I feel so depresed so i am considering too lose 3-4k $ too reorder my dreamcar
Wowe,

[snapback]117246[/snapback]
[/quote]

As Elvis would say...thank you very much.

When I first saw that pic after I uploaded it to my PC, I thought--wow, why hasn't BMW used that angle in any of their promotional shots?

Everybody has their own color preference, but I've owned many, many cars, and I can say that silver gray is the best color I've owned--not too dark, not too light, and a beautiful color in the sunshine. And it shows off the lines of the E60 so well. I read somewhere that it was developed specifically for the E60. So look below for another pic...and more in my gallery...
Old 04-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stream' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:36 PM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Apr 19 2005, 12:27 PM'][quote name='wowe' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:39 PM']Next week ma Sa will give me a 535d whith m-sport i silvergreey for a weekend to drive to se if i change my mind. Silvergrey is great color but a BMW is more awesome in Carbonblack. I feel so depresed so i am considering too lose 3-4k $ too reorder my dreamcar
Wowe,

[/quote]

When I first saw that pic after I uploaded it to my PC, I thought--wow, why hasn't BMW used that angle in any of their promotional shots?

Everybody has their own color preference, but I've owned many, many cars, and I can say that silver gray is the best color I've owned--not too dark, not too light, and a beautiful color in the sunshine. And it shows off the lines of the E60 so well. I read somewhere that it was developed specifically for the E60. So look below for another pic...and more in my gallery...
[snapback]117269[/snapback]
[/quote]

Stream: Your car is realy beutyful but sometimes when i se silvergrey in my cloudly country Sweden it always look a little bit silverblue. Silvergrey is awesome when it is sunshine

Merv: I choosed regular shadowline
Old 04-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by wowe' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:48 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Apr 19 2005, 11:36 PM'][quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Apr 19 2005, 12:27 PM'][quote name='wowe' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:39 PM']Next week ma Sa will give me a 535d whith m-sport i silvergreey for a weekend to drive to se if i change my mind. Silvergrey is great color but a BMW is more awesome in Carbonblack. I feel so depresed so i am considering too lose 3-4k $ too reorder my dreamcar
Wowe,

[/quote]

[snapback]117269[/snapback]
[/quote]

Stream: Your car is realy beutyful but sometimes when i se silvergrey in my cloudly country Sweden it always look a little bit silverblue. Silvergrey is awesome when it is sunshine

Merv: I choosed regular shadowline
[snapback]117272[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, that's one of the things I like about the color--the blue hue in certain lighting. That's the wondeful thing about colors--everybody has their favorites.