E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tree Sap

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does it come off?
Old 09-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Errrrr how did you get tree sap on your car?
Old 09-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: ActiveHybrid - fully tricked out
Model Year: 2013

Try http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,11

I bought some of this today because of a late night drive last week through central PA. It left Precious very messy. I haven't tried it yet and can not provide any endorsement. Usual disclaimer - I'm not associated with Turtle in anyway. Yada, yada.

Good luck.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

In my experience most tree sap will just wash off with warm water and regular car shampoo. If I don't use my Porsche for a few days and don't put it in the garage, the trees on my driveway will do their worst. The resulting sap - which feels baked on to the touch - always washes off completely with a warm wash. I'm sure the products others recommend work well too, and I am aware that some kinds of tree sap can be more stubborn than others, but don't rule out a simple warm water car wash.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Errrrr how did you get tree sap on your car?
Parking in a spot where I never parked before while I'm at work. And there's lots of trees. But I guess that one tree had the sap.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by swajames
In my experience most tree sap will just wash off with warm water and regular car shampoo. If I don't use my Porsche for a few days and don't put it in the garage, the trees on my driveway will do their worst. The resulting sap - which feels baked on to the touch - always washes off completely with a warm wash. I'm sure the products others recommend work well too, and I am aware that some kinds of tree sap can be more stubborn than others, but don't rule out a simple warm water car wash.
I was hoping another remedy to the Sap. Thx alot. I really didn't want to put chemicals on it. The sap is on the rear window and sunroof too. This sucks.....
Old 09-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

In my experiemce, just the ussual carwash will take it off even the sticky ones.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by al_ongvano
In my experiemce, just the ussual carwash will take it off even the sticky ones.
Yea..I did that. It's bad....I'm ready to take it to service to have it taken out. Lol
Old 09-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by my_hubby_535xi
Yea..I did that. It's bad....I'm ready to take it to service to have it taken out. Lol
If you know how to work with detailing clay, you can try it that way. To learn more about claying your car here is a link: http://www.automagic.com/Training/detailing-clay.htm
Old 09-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Claybar brother!

Quick Reply: Tree Sap