E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Transmission Jerk before Accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I have just started the process of having my transmission replaced (under warranty), I went through the typical complaints to dealer, eventual software update, further complaints to dealer, cleared all fault codes, take car home again and try to recreate the SLAM (achieved) and then the car goes back to the dealer, they run the fault codes (though there was NO code last time) PUMA report (whatever that is) talk to BMW, wait for approval, order transmission, install transmission, wash car....feels as though I'll be seeing my car back sometime in March at this rate!! One good thing though, I will be getting an E60 as my loaner car this time (SA promised)....Sorry Gene, I still feel bad for you having to drive around in that lovely Malibu!! So I'm currently waiting for my SA to call, tell me when the E60 loaner is ready, drop off my car so they can run the codes, tests etc., get approval from BMW, order transmission, yadda yadda yadda, and then (hopefully) get the car back a few days later! Wish me and my car luck!!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='768648' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:01 AM
I have just started the process of having my transmission replaced (under warranty), I went through the typical complaints to dealer, eventual software update, further complaints to dealer, cleared all fault codes, take car home again and try to recreate the SLAM (achieved) and then the car goes back to the dealer, they run the fault codes (though there was NO code last time) PUMA report (whatever that is) talk to BMW, wait for approval, order transmission, install transmission, wash car....feels as though I'll be seeing my car back sometime in March at this rate!! One good thing though, I will be getting an E60 as my loaner car this time (SA promised)....Sorry Gene, I still feel bad for you having to drive around in that lovely Malibu!! So I'm currently waiting for my SA to call, tell me when the E60 loaner is ready, drop off my car so they can run the codes, tests etc., get approval from BMW, order transmission, yadda yadda yadda, and then (hopefully) get the car back a few days later! Wish me and my car luck!!
Got my car back in 3 days (my part was on back order so I took it back rather than driving the 'bu and letting my e60 sit in the service bay) Sorry to read about your troubles tho Dave. Hope things get resolved. A patient of mine had his 3 series tranny replaced via Bob Smith. His car sat in the service bay for almost 2 weeks before even starting the work due to waiting for approval from the warranty to cover the tranny swap....(his car was cpo'd with extended warranty)

GL dave
Old 01-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Thanks Gene, I'm optimistically watching this process and hoping for the best (we'll see how long that lasts)!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='768654' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks Gene, I'm optimistically watching this process and hoping for the best (we'll see how long that lasts)!
and I don't think I'll be taking my car to center bmw anymore...I will probablly just suck it up and go to Valencia (where I purchased it)....

BTT: To the OP Craig....and to FP/Dave...GL hope things get resolved..