5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Tranny leak fixed under CPO last week a day before it expired, tranny (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/tranny-leak-fixed-under-cpo-last-week-day-before-expired-tranny-97073/)

Wanderlei 04-13-2010 11:35 PM

3 months ago my 04 545 had a tranny leak discovered by a third party shop during a multiple point inspection, the CPO covered the trans pan seal change. A week and a half ago i take it in again because my transmission started jerking on low gears. Sure enough they found a "major tranny oil leak", they replace the Tranny sleeve connector and pan gasket. Leak still found on "wrap oil pan"(?), they replace the complete pan and leak disappeared. Luckily I had 2 days before my CPO expired.

NOW A WEEK LATER and my tranny is jekry again, especially at 35-40mph. I am taking it in on Thursday but my CPO is now expired. What is the likelyhood they fix it?

I am now concerned it could be major tranny problems and is going to cost an a$$ load. If my tranny needs major work could I make case to hold them liable?

Thanks for any thoughts

protams 04-14-2010 12:37 AM

Did they add oil in gearbox after repair?

NC916 04-14-2010 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wanderlei (Post 1152419)
3 months ago my 04 545 had a tranny leak discovered by a third party shop during a multiple point inspection, the CPO covered the trans pan seal change. A week and a half ago i take it in again because my transmission started jerking on low gears. Sure enough they found a "major tranny oil leak", they replace the Tranny sleeve connector and pan gasket. Leak still found on "wrap oil pan"(?), they replace the complete pan and leak disappeared. Luckily I had 2 days before my CPO expired.

NOW A WEEK LATER and my tranny is jekry again, especially at 35-40mph. I am taking it in on Thursday but my CPO is now expired. What is the likelyhood they fix it?

I am now concerned it could be major tranny problems and is going to cost an a$$ load. If my tranny needs major work could I make case to hold them liable?

Thanks for any thoughts

I'm pretty sure they should fix it still even though your warranty is expired because the fixed it twice under warranty and still having problems. I would call the NA if they want you to pay it, it might be still covered.

Wanderlei 04-14-2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by protams (Post 1152450)
Did they add oil in gearbox after repair?

I sure hope so!

skelevirus 04-14-2010 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Wanderlei (Post 1152721)
I sure hope so!

:lol:

ivan545 04-14-2010 11:21 AM

I had the same problem with 545i, I have the megasleeve replaced because it was leaking, and that was done at 69,990 miles and now at 91k my tranny leaked again. They have the vacuum pump replaced, anybody know is that internal or external of the tranny, but it does not state they added fluid. I'm calling Bmw NA now because I also have some questions and concern about warranty.

ivan545 04-14-2010 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a search on the Real Oem parts and found out that the vacuum pump is what the dealer replaced for my oil leak. :think:
Tranny leak but replaced vacuum pump they said it was a source for leak.

Attachment 103875