E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

TPWS on with 19"

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d
Model Year: E61 2006

With the M6 wheels i get the TPWS on with much frequency. I set then the pressure of the tires to take off the warning, but after some kilometers the warning appears again. Anyone experienced the same problem?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Tiago' post='389203' date='Feb 9 2007, 01:08 PM
With the M6 wheels i get the TPWS on with much frequency. I set then the pressure of the tires to take off the warning, but after some kilometers the warning appears again. Anyone experienced the same problem?
When I had my M166 M5 wheels fitted, as a replacement to my 18" M135s, the dealer told me to go into the iDrive car setting menu and reset the TPWS system so it knew it had a "new baseline" from which to check everything is ok or not. I did this before going anywhere in the car - did you also do this?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

Where are the pics?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d
Model Year: E61 2006

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='389441' date='Feb 9 2007, 10:22 PM
When I had my M166 M5 wheels fitted, as a replacement to my 18" M135s, the dealer told me to go into the iDrive car setting menu and reset the TPWS system so it knew it had a "new baseline" from which to check everything is ok or not. I did this before going anywhere in the car - did you also do this?
That is what i meant when i said that "I set then the pressure of the tires to take off the warning", because when you reset the TPWS, the system will assume that the tires pressure that you had at that moment is the correct one and will use it as baseline.

As for the pics, i need to lower the rear a bit more. Then i will post a bunch of pics.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Dear Tiago!

You mess too much with the iDrive system!

Have you contacted your dealer about all these changes and
tried to find a Progman set that works with your setup!?