E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

totally fed up with my e60

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

If you want to look for a quality car, buy a Lexus.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='232572' date='Jan 31 2006, 05:36 PM
Is that why you bought a BMW?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='232544
I am totally fed up with having paid ?35,000 for a box that constantly rattles. I have had a rattle with bmw can not sort out which is under the cover where the airbag is on the door pillar. I removed this trim and found that a part of the air bag strap was flapping about. i think this is cured so far so good. Now i have from the passinger side a load creaking with is in stereo to the one from the back seat. I have checked all the obvious things but nothing. Please there must be a noice reduction expert out there???????????
Yes rattles are annoying, but its not the end of the world. If you're thinking of selling the car, then you're really overreacting. All cars, no matter the price, can develop rattles.
[/quote]

Yeah, but for a $60,000 car my personal opinion is that its not too much to ask to expect silence. Our Subaru Outback, for example, has no rattles and feels more solid than my 545i......
Old 01-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='232575
[/quote]

When I decided to buy my e60. I already know what I am getting myself into. Did I regreat my decision? So far the answer is NO, although I already went back to dealer 3 times in 6000 miles for multiple problems.

e60 may not be the best in quality, but my decision is not solely based on 1 thing. It's the combination of quality, price, style, resell value, options, fun factor, chick magnet and many more. When I put all the equations together, I think e60 is the best choice for me.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

Having owned various Japanease cars maily from Honda & Toyota as well as German & British cars I can safely say the Japanease put the best cars together in terms of reliability & rattles, they are not all rattle free but better than the rest. However whether it is Lexus, Toyota, Honda etc they are not emotive cars with few exceptions like the NSX. The Germans know how to extract the most cash out of a driver, but the huge increase in numbers they now sell has seen standards drop especially at M-B, but also at BMW & Audi.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='232600
Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='232572' date='Jan 31 2006, 05:36 PM
When I decided to buy my e60. I already know what I am getting myself into. Did I regreat my decision? So far the answer is NO, although I already went back to dealer 3 times in 6000 miles for multiple problems.

e60 may not be the best in quality, but my decision is not solely based on 1 thing. It's the combination of quality, price, style, resell value, options, fun factor, chick magnet and many more. When I put all the equations together, I think e60 is the best choice for me.
[/quote]

Chick magnets? Why would you want to attract the chickens? Ok, if my wife knew that bimmer attracted chick, I would not be owning one now.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='232638' date='Jan 31 2006, 05:35 PM
Chick magnets? Why would you want to attract the chickens? Ok, if my wife knew that bimmer attracted chick, I would not be owning one now.
And, would you be interested in any kind of chick that was attracted to "you" because of your car? Not me.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Znod' post='232643
And, would you be interested in any kind of chick that was attracted to "you" because of your car? Not me.
[/quote]

I don't mind if she is a nice looking chick. Do you mind if a nice looking lady come to you and tell you she really likes your car??
I didn't say I am going to marry her.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Cool

Originally Posted by Znod' post='232643
[/quote]

Time to get an M5 6spd manual...

The clothes do not make the man, it's the man who makes the clothes.

Also it's THE MAN behind the machine. Of course it doesn't hurt when we have a nice ride like an E60 and some hot chick sees us in the driver's seat.

Sinbad (comedian) said women have mini-skirts, balding old men have Porsche's.

I guess in the middle ages it was, "oh my horse carriage is faster than his".

Even ladies that are not the most attractive look better with a tight blouse, short skirt and high heels
Old 02-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

yes i do have leather does anyone have any pics of the work they have done in the rear seat etc of their car?

Quick Reply: totally fed up with my e60