E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Totaled or Repairable???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this guy driving a chevy 4x4 and not paying attention to stopped traffic, slams into the back of me and pushes me into a lady in front of me. Below are the pics of the damage, tow truck guys it totaled, I'm hoping so, he hit me really hard. I am OK, little sore, may go to hospital tomorrow. My wife was very upset when she came to pick me up, when she saw the damage and couldn't find me, her thoughts went racing. We went back to the scene of the accident and his skid marks were almost 70 feet long.

My wife(who is 5 months pregnant) wondered what would have happened if we would have had the baby in the back seat. That is when it hit me. Perpsectives sure are changing with a baby on the way.
Attached Thumbnails Totaled or Repairable???-cimg4086.jpg   Totaled or Repairable???-cimg4083.jpg   Totaled or Repairable???-cimg4084.jpg  
Old 07-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Im really sorry to hear about that and see that, but good to hear that you are alright.

"Perpsectives sure are changing with a baby on the way. " +1 to that. good to know that your family was not involved as well.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Wow, glad to hear you walked away from that. Definitely would be a good idea to get checked out by an MD. Most soreness and pain settles in 24-72 hours after the fact. I would hope it is considered a total loss. Why are your perspectives changing with the baby on the way? Do you think the car wouldn't have protected your baby in the backseat? Hope everything gets resolved, keep us posted...
Old 07-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='628638' date='Jul 20 2008, 03:18 PM
Wow, glad to hear you walked away from that. Definitely would be a good idea to get checked out by an MD. Most soreness and pain settles in 24-72 hours after the fact. I would hope it is considered a total loss. Why are your perspectives changing with the baby on the way? Do you think the car wouldn't have protected your baby in the backseat? Hope everything gets resolved, keep us posted...

When I was younger I would have been pissed that the car was banged up, now that I am older and a baby on the way, it has shifted to "everyone is fine, cars can be rebuilt or replaced" It always sounded like a cliche until I started being responsible for more than just myself. When my wife got there and was balling her eyes out, over me, it gets you.

I guess I'm just growing up.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Hey Bud, I am truly sorry to hear about your accident and glad it was all in the metal and your okay. Dam, I loved your car with the M5 wheels, that is too bad! Did the back seats move at all? I got a a toddler that occupies the back right seat and a 7 year old in the left. That is scary. Too many dump asses are out there and they don't even look when driving.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Oh, boy I didn't even see the back glass is compeletly down on the back seat......

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='628642' date='Jul 20 2008, 04:24 PM
Hey Bud, I am truly sorry to hear about your accident and glad it was all in the metal and your okay. Dam, I loved your car with the M5 wheels, that is too bad! Did the back seats move at all? I got a a toddler that occupies the back right seat and a 7 year old in the left. That is scary. Too many dump asses are out there and they don't even look when driving.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='628642' date='Jul 20 2008, 03:24 PM

Mostly broken glass, but the back deck is pushed in, and as you know the babies face backwards.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by silver2000stang' post='628640' date='Jul 20 2008, 01:23 PM
When I was younger I would have been pissed that the car was banged up, now that I am older and a baby on the way, it has shifted to "everyone is fine, cars can be rebuilt or replaced" It always sounded like a cliche until I started being responsible for more than just myself. When my wife got there and was balling her eyes out, over me, it gets you.

I guess I'm just growing up.
Completely understand and can relate...
Old 07-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

doesnt look like enough damage up front to consider it totalled for sure. Good luck
Old 07-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Members

here is a closer back shot.
Attached Thumbnails Totaled or Repairable???-cimg4080.jpg  

Quick Reply: Totaled or Repairable???