E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Toronto 2009 528xi needs help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toronto dealers are notorious for being assholes, and I just got a real taste of it, my 2009 528xi with 18000km on it, I found two paint defects on the rear passenger door after having the car professionally detailed, the best way to describe it would be 2 scratches but they are under the clear coat of paint.

Took it to TC BMW on Hwy 7, and these assholes accused me of repainting the car poorly, I argued that the car is one year old and never repainted anywhere.

Took it to Budd's where I bought it from, they're passing the buck, I thought body work has life time warranty why would these guys turn me away

who has recommendation for the body work claim?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Senior Members

no lifetime on bodywork. i believe they may have a 10yr warranty on rust (i.e. major rust/frame, body panels beneath paint) but that's about it.

in your situation, it's basically word against word. try calling BMW and filing a claim.

my friends 2009 335xi had a paint defect on the A pillar which was there from the factory when the car was painted but they would still not do anything about it. however it's a lease so he's not going to far in pursuing the situation.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Slimpi,
I'm also a Toronto E60 owner and my experiences with Mississauga BMW have always been top notch. It wouldn't hurt if you gave these guys a chance to look at your car. Also more recently I got to know a good contact at Maranello's BMW in Woodbridge and their customer support seems fine although to be truthful I've only dealt with them for OEM parts thus far and not regarding any warranty claims. Sometimes dealer response to these types of warranty visits becomes a true measure of how concerned they are regarding customer satisfaction.

Heaven forbid you don't get this covered by warranty but you still want it fixed, check out European Autobody (a division of Maranello's BMW). They specialize in high-end cars and do supurb work. It's not uncommon to see customer Ferarri's, etc in their shop at any given time. These guys painted and installed my "M" body kit and did a great job. I also went back to have my hood and fenders re-done to remove stone chips. Next will be my wife's QX56.

Anyway, good luck in getting this done under warranty. Keep us updated.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Members

thanks George,

please keep in touch

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Slimpi,
I'm also a Toronto E60 owner and my experiences with Mississauga BMW have always been top notch. It wouldn't hurt if you gave these guys a chance to look at your car. Also more recently I got to know a good contact at Maranello's BMW in Woodbridge and their customer support seems fine although to be truthful I've only dealt with them for OEM parts thus far and not regarding any warranty claims. Sometimes dealer response to these types of warranty visits becomes a true measure of how concerned they are regarding customer satisfaction.

Heaven forbid you don't get this covered by warranty but you still want it fixed, check out European Autobody (a division of Maranello's BMW). They specialize in high-end cars and do supurb work. It's not uncommon to see customer Ferarri's, etc in their shop at any given time. These guys painted and installed my "M" body kit and did a great job. I also went back to have my hood and fenders re-done to remove stone chips. Next will be my wife's QX56.

Anyway, good luck in getting this done under warranty. Keep us updated.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:21 AM
Contributors

No problem Slimpi,
I'm sure you'll find me around the forums if there are any addional questions you have. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Georgieb
No problem Slimpi,
I'm sure you'll find me around the forums if there are any addional questions you have. Let us know how it turns out.

it turns out it's probably not worth the pissing match with BMW Canada and Budd's, the folks at www.colurworks.ca says for $300 bux they can fix it properly (any comments on them)

I run a small business with 6 cars and SUV, so I am gonna probably try colorworks.ca to see what happens
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Contributors

I've never heard of colorworks.ca however if you've checked them out or got a referal, they should be ok. I did a quick seach on eBay but not much on them there. Just make sure you get proper colour match and that they fade the paint properly. Also ask if they are using a two-part polyurethane paint. This type of paint is superior to the older lacquers.

Post a pic or two once the job is done.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Contributors

Go to Parkview BMW on Leslie and DVP, talk to Mario de rosso ( something like that) tell him, Vlad sent u here ( with the white M5) he should know. He'll get u everything done nice and sharp or ask for Valerie in BMW autohause ( on steeles and young) Big russian dude, he is the Manager of the dealership ask him he'll do it as well.

3rd choice is Leon's Auto Body. This guy has the best auto body shop in Ontario, his name is Boris Shmorgan, he used to deal with lots of stuff, including my accident. He will do it for you twice cheaper than in any bmw dealership and twice better, trust me He is a family friend of mine.

9 Vanley Cres, North York, ON M3J 2B7
Mon - Fri 8am-5pm | Sat 10am-1pm
Phone #: (416) 636-8639

Give him a call, say its from Vlad.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Members

thanks Vlad,

assuming you are a big fat russian dude, in regards to that my family is from Minsk, and I married a Czech woman
Old 06-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Contributors

lol?

Quick Reply: Toronto 2009 528xi needs help