E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tornado!! Yikes!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi => Silver-Gray with Beige Dakota leather; Auto, Premium, Cold, Comfort Access. Other: 1998 MB 320E and 1990 MB E300

We had a small tornado last Thursday afternoon at the hospital where I work here in Kansas. I was working in a meeting in the basement, and received a phone call saying light poles went down in the parking lot.

Well, I went outside to survey for damage. Over 150 of our employees' cars had their windows blown out!

I was afraid to see how my new 530xi fared. It's only three months old. It turns out a sign had blown off the side of the hospital, and right onto my hood. Gads. A big gouge. :thumbsdown:

Now for the funny part.

We have an orthopedic surgeon who just bought a new Titanium Silver M5. Four weeks old. I checked his car for damage, and it was completely untouched, thankfully. So I looked for him, and he's still in surgery. By then, the whole hospital knows about the tornado, and the fact that cars were damaged. I told the nurse manager, "When doctor finishes his surgery, please have him come by my office immediately. I have to tell him about his car".

So here he comes, to my office, about an hour later. I said, with a serious face, "It's about your car. It's got some real damage". His whole body kind of sunk, and a white ashen look came over him. I didn't have the heart to keep him going for long.

We had a good laugh, two days ahead of April 1.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahah now thats a surgeon with good taste! Instead of some that hides their money under their matress. Hehehe
Old 04-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

hehe... uh... there may be payback.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

I thought you were gonna tell us about your father's Oldmobile.

Nice going Toto,
Ray Hull
Old 04-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by KSmark' post='263829' date='Apr 3 2006, 02:36 AM
We had a small tornado last Thursday afternoon at the hospital where I work here in Kansas. I was working in a meeting in the basement, and received a phone call saying light poles went down in the parking lot.

Well, I went outside to survey for damage. Over 150 of our employees' cars had their windows blown out!

I was afraid to see how my new 530xi fared. It's only three months old. It turns out a sign had blown off the side of the hospital, and right onto my hood. Gads. A big gouge. :thumbsdown:

Now for the funny part.

We have an orthopedic surgeon who just bought a new Titanium Silver M5. Four weeks old. I checked his car for damage, and it was completely untouched, thankfully. So I looked for him, and he's still in surgery. By then, the whole hospital knows about the tornado, and the fact that cars were damaged. I told the nurse manager, "When doctor finishes his surgery, please have him come by my office immediately. I have to tell him about his car".

So here he comes, to my office, about an hour later. I said, with a serious face, "It's about your car. It's got some real damage". His whole body kind of sunk, and a white ashen look came over him. I didn't have the heart to keep him going for long.

We had a good laugh, two days ahead of April 1.

Should have put your ruby slippers on!!!