E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

top speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Aug 7 2004, 02:38 AM
Come on Dennis, don't tell me you haven't hit top speed in Holland...!!
hehehehe... Who, Me????? Noooooooo.....

Unfortunately in my crash my radardetector from Target was killed too.. and we cannot get them anymore in the netherlands or I would have put it in my new car too...
Old 08-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Members

Aren't they legal anymore in Holland ? Or can't they sell them anymore ?
Old 08-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pennetta' date='Aug 6 2004, 06:24 PM
[quote name='Initialdl' date='Aug 6 2004, 05:35 PM'] you lucky ducks.. in the US our's is electronically limited to 135 MPH....? :'( . when u hit that point.. you car just suddenly loses power until it goes to like 125 MPH (feels like gas is stopped or something)...... or so i've heard? ? ..........................
Mine cuts out at 155mph not 135mph. Are you sure about the speed? [/quote]
yeah.. i'm sure...... haha.. and i used to have a ticket from the Californial Highway Patrol to prove it... .....maybe the E46's have different limits compared to the E39's.....
Old 08-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 7 2004, 11:33 AM
Unfortunately in my crash my radardetector from Target was killed too.. and we cannot get them anymore in the netherlands or I would have put it in my new car too...
Dennis, they are still for sale in the UK, the same ones you used to get in Holland, like the Vector..

Just let me know..
Old 08-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

They are illegal in holland and are not allowed to be sold.. Flowerfred do you know a price for the radardetector??? I may be interested but have to find a place that will build it in my car (my bmw dealer prefferable).
Old 08-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Contributors

Btw I believe I had a vector on my previous car so I would want that one again please!
Old 08-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Contributors

I can strongly recommend Car Comfort Centre in Alphen aan den Rijn. They installed the Vector in my merc and did a couple of satnav jobs on my trucks.

Do a search on the internet for prices. Around 500 GBP I'd say. I'd be happy to send one over for you.

http://www.radarshop.co.uk/home.asp

This might be interesting, the address is in Naarden.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Contributors

Great search!! I owe you one. Am gonna call them on monday to see if I can pick one up hehehe..
Thanks flowerfred!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:25 AM
Senior Members

Radar in the UK is a waste of time, imo. By the time the detector picks up a valid signal, they've already got you! Better off with a good GPS based system, and keeping your eyes peeled.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Aug 9 2004, 11:25 AM
Radar in the UK is a waste of time, imo.? By the time the detector picks up a valid signal, they've already got you!
Same here in Germany. First off all those systems are illegal in Germany, and they can't really help. There are even systems the police use that can not be detected by any radar detector.

Quick Reply: top speed