E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Took the Plunge... '04 545i/6sp

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige
Cool

I took the plunge..

I just put in my buyers order for a 2004 545i/6sp with NAV/HUD/LOGIC7/CWP to be picked up in Munich on Apr. 29. I'm conflicted over Orient Blue vs. Silver Grey, but I have time to decide. I was able to get 5% over ED invoice here in Metro Atlanta at "my" dealership.

I used a modified "Rizzo" method in that I sent several faxes to some of the local/regional dealerships (not the one that I bought my last BMW from, though) to get a feel for the deals to be made and then presented my best offer to date to my CA and told him that he had to meet it or come damn close or I would be forced to take my business elsewhere. Of course, he gave me the sob story about cutting into his commissions, blah, blah, but when it came down to "nut cuttin' time", he didn't want to lose my business and he caved.

Thank goodness for the new Lufthansa special from Charlotte to Munich. I saw that someone posted the special, but my wife got a fare alert about it from travelzoo the other day. That alone is going to save us a bundle on the trip and allow us to realize an even bigger cost savings on the car.

Now we have to come up with an itinerary...

Can you get priceline specials this far out?

Have most of you who've done ED just gone straight from the airport to the delivery center? The Lufthansa flight lands at 8am, so I think we'll just take a cab or public transportation straight there.

Sorry for my stream-of-consciousness ramble; I'm just pumped.

-MrB