E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Told ya'll my luck w/ cars was bad...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
What year is your car?

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that doesn't look totaled to me. It'll probably be $6-8k to fix if I were to guess.
Its an 04, thats the samething I said, 6-8k but a couple of previous posters were mentioning it
Old 10-09-2010, 04:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
Its an 04, thats the samething I said, 6-8k but a couple of previous posters were mentioning it
If there is any kind of frame damage you'll prolly be looking at a total loss...the police report isnthe most important thing...
Old 10-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Contributors

damn...
Old 10-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

Sorry about your crash (there are no accidents) with an idiot. I feel your pain. It sounds like it could go either way about the write-off based on the age of your car. From your one pic it looks like you need two outer door skins, possible mirror and sill.
Only have a BMW approved auto body do the work. Only use BMW OEM parts and paint. Get a rental on them. Get a copy of the police report.
And finally, count your blessings that the idiot wasn't going faster. My double hit was at 65mph on the full left side including bumpers, one rim and rear suspension. Total cost $14,125 plus $1000 rental for two weeks.
Keep us posted.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

The wheel or rotor is rubbing, and the chassis def appears to be bent siiiighsss......
Old 10-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
The wheel or rotor is rubbing, and the chassis def appears to be bent siiiighsss......

GOOD! Let's make sure we get this thing totalled!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mookish

There is no argument with a stop sign people. When a stop sign is present the other vehicle has 100% right of way at ALL times.
Even if you come to a complete stop then proceed. Just make sure the code on the accident report for the other vehicle is 7 (failure to yeild right of way) and in the space for your vehilce is left blank. If this is true then you bare no responsibility for the accident and his insurance must pay. How do I know? My 2004 545i was hit in the same way just about a month ago, the guy ran the stop sign. He also has State Farm insurance and my damage looked even less than yours and they wrote the whole car off, cut me a check for 25K (I only paid 17K for the car 4 months eairler) and I went out and bought a 2008 550i M-Sport.

No argument, no hassle. They called me up and simpley said "sign the title and sent it to us" I overnighted them the title, they overnighted me back a check. No laweyrs, no fuss.
Usually - except in states with comparative negligence laws. Simply stated, that means that if you (even though you had the right of way) were not there, the accident would not have happened. I know that because I had a civil claim reduced 15% because after some inexperienced driver ran a stop sign and totaled my car and caused serious injuries to ME .... the settlement paid out at 85% because if I hadn't been there I wouldn't have been hit by the careless driver.

Go figure ... aren't these laws written by lawyers ... guess that is the excuse .... opps I meant explanation!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

You not getting hurt is all that matters. Hope the ins co totals the car.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad nobody was harmed.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

They didn't total me out, 9k to fix, so I'll find out this week if they will cover ALL of the damages.

Quick Reply: Told ya'll my luck w/ cars was bad...