E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Told ya'll my luck w/ cars was bad...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy ran the stop sign I tried to do like the old BMW commercial and dodge him but it didnt work, anyways heres the results

Old 10-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Contributors

Damn.. sorry to see the bad luck. Hope the guy had insurance too! GL on the situation and it'll work out in the end.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

Yea he did, State Farm and the report is in my favor so
Old 10-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

Total pet-peeve of mine is A-holes running stop signs and red lights.....bad here in NorCal.
Glad you're ok and hope you get your car fixed soon.!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Don't let them talk you into repair at a run of mill body shop. Insist on the work being done at a Certified BMW Repair facility. Though the damage may look superficial and "high" [e.g. not involving frame etc] if not done correctly the result will be squeaks and rattles or even leaks.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Don't let them talk you into repair at a run of mill body shop. Insist on the work being done at a Certified BMW Repair facility. Though the damage may look superficial and "high" [e.g. not involving frame etc] if not done correctly the result will be squeaks and rattles or even leaks.
+1 I would bet there is at least a little frame damage, since it looks like he hit right on the B-pillar. I would also contact an atty as soon as possible, his insurance company WILL try to screw you. Your car now has a bad Carfax report, so he just devalued your car by a lot, they need to compensate you for that (our cars are already losing value like there's no tomorrow, last thing you need is a boost to that devaluation).
Old 10-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
+1 I would bet there is at least a little frame damage, since it looks like he hit right on the B-pillar. I would also contact an atty as soon as possible, his insurance company WILL try to screw you. Your car now has a bad Carfax report, so he just devalued your car by a lot, they need to compensate you for that (our cars are already losing value like there's no tomorrow, last thing you need is a boost to that devaluation).
I agree w/ the shops,thanks guys, but what could they possibly do? He was dead wrong, the report said so, HE even admitted so
Old 10-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
I agree w/ the shops,thanks guys, but what could they possibly do? He was dead wrong, the report said so, HE even admitted so
Insurance companies are for profit corporations, they will try to give you the bare minimum they can get away with. You need legal advice at the least, legal representation at best
Old 10-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

There is no argument with a stop sign people. When a stop sign is present the other vehicle has 100% right of way at ALL times. Even if you come to a complete stop then proceed. Just make sure the code on the accident report for the other vehicle is 7 (failure to yeild right of way) and in the space for your vehilce is left blank. If this is true then you bare no responsibility for the accident and his insurance must pay. How do I know? My 2004 545i was hit in the same way just about a month ago, the guy ran the stop sign. He also has State Farm insurance and my damage looked even less than yours and they wrote the whole car off, cut me a check for 25K (I only paid 17K for the car 4 months eairler) and I went out and bought a 2008 550i M-Sport.

No argument, no hassle. They called me up and simpley said "sign the title and sent it to us" I overnighted them the title, they overnighted me back a check. No laweyrs, no fuss.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Members

sorry 2 hear that-hope everything works out 4 u

Quick Reply: Told ya'll my luck w/ cars was bad...