E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

TMC Not Displaying Any Messages

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

I have my Professional Nav system TMC set to "ON" and station set to "TMC AUTO" but, in the entire week-and-a-bit that I have been driving the car now, it has failed to show up a single TMC message, even though the "TMC" indicator in my display is lit/active and I have been sitting in the same traffic which my E39 used to dutifully warn me of only 3 weeks ago.

Does anyone know if there is any other setting that I may have missed anywhere that is causing this?

Any users in the Netherlands having similar issues? My E39 was set to get messages from Sky Radio and did it perfectly. The E60 is just refusing to cooperate. And I have tried manually tuning it to Sky Radio, plus a couple of other stations before plumping for the "TMC AUTO" setting... all to no avail.

My understanding from other topics on this forum is that there used to be an issue depending on what version of the Nav DVD is being used, but that that was sorted out with a CIP upgrade sometime in late 2004. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The car is going into BMW Den Haag next week for warranty work on a rattle coming out of my rear parcel shelf and I'm wondering if this TMC problem is something I need to get them to check out/fix too.

MacSid
Old 04-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='412351' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:30 AM
My understanding from other topics on this forum is that there used to be an issue depending on what version of the Nav DVD is being used, but that that was sorted out with a CIP upgrade sometime in late 2004. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
There was originally an issue (which I had) with Progman/CIP version's pre 16 (or around that mark) I think, and also Nav discs pre 2004-1 (I think), but since that was so long ago, and your car seems too new, it may be something else for you...

It sounds like you already have it set correctly, there are few settings.