E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Titanium Silver ext. with Grey int.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

I am picking my colour combination and I have decided for the Titanium Silver Exterior. I am deciding on Grey or Black for the interior. I know others have posted information on Grey or Black with Silver Grey Metallic, but not Titanium Silver.

I live in Canada so it snow and I will use winter mats. I went to BMW Toronto and they didn't have a car to show me with the grey interior, only black.

Does anyone have any input into the light silver/ grey combo? Does it look too much of the same, or does it blend nicely? (by the way, I will have black anthracite trim as I will be ordering a 545).

Also, I was looking on the forum and saw the pictures on the gallery. Very nice, but I couldn't tell if the dashboard with grey is a darker grey or black.

I have to let my dealer know by early next week, any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Members

IMO
I had 323 with Black exterior and grey interior and I like that combo

Now I have a Titanium Silver with black and I like the darkness of the inside becasue of the lighter exterior
Old 10-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Also, I was looking on the forum and saw the pictures on the gallery. Very nice, but I couldn't tell if the dashboard with grey is a darker grey or black.
I think the dashboard is black for all BMW interiors to minimize reflection on the windscreen.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My E60 is Titanium Silver with Grey Leather Interior. The color of the grey leather is very close to the exterior color. The top of the instrument panel is a darker grey (almost charcoal) color.

I went with the grey interior because the car had exactly the equipment I wanted. I would have preferred the black leather interior, because it won't show dirt and wear as easily as the light grey leather. The carpet in the black interior will hide dirt better than the light grey carpet in the grey interior--an important consideration given the winter weather where you live.

If it were my decision, I'd go with the black interior, especially since you're getting the black anthracite trim.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

I have TiSilver with the light grey interior (is this the color you're refering to?). It looks good but is difficult to keep clean. If you go with the light grey, install black floor mats.
Titanium Silver ext. with Grey int.-im001169.jpg
Titanium Silver ext. with Grey int.-im001168.jpg
Titanium Silver ext. with Grey int.-im001170.jpg
Titanium Silver ext. with Grey int.-im001167.jpg
Old 10-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium silver, grey leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Auto Trans, Moonroof, Xenon adaptive headlights

I have the light grey interior by choice -- both black and grey were available from my dealer. I selected the grey because, even though a little harder to keep clean, I just didn't care for the look of the black as well. Also, I really hate sitting on a black leather seat that's been getting cooked with direct sunlight through the windows/moonroof. I bought the grey winter mats for the coming winter and plan to start using them in November.

As noted by others, the dash is dark grey, almost charcoal. I wouln't rely on the opinions of others. Find a grey interior and see what you think. You will either love it, as I do, or not like it at all compared to black. Black may, in the opinion of others, have a sportier look to it -- but I think of the e60 as a sport-luxury sedan, and the grey has a more impressive appearance to me. The vast majority of those who have checked out my ride have had highly favorable comments about the grey interior -- of course, they'll suck-ups, but that's OK.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

I would like to thank everyone for their input, and thanks for the photos, they were very helpful.

I have come to a decision. I like the look of the light grey better, as everyone I know owns a car with a black interior, BMW or not. The grey is different.

However, the winters here are horrible and there is a lot of slush and mud, not to mention the snow (Sometimes I wish I did live in Texas). I am concerned about the grey getting very dirty and being difficult to clean, therefore I have decided on black. I have a 2002 530 black sapphire/ black interior, and the interior still looks very clean.

Sometimes practicallity wins overy aesthetics.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Senior Members

Post some pics when your ride comes in!
Welcome to our world!
Old 10-15-2004, 05:56 AM

Is your decision final? I think you would be suprised at what a good job the spray carpet cleaners do on carpeted mats and floor carpet. Also, there are many really good winter mats that will hold ample amounts of melted slush, etc. until you dump them or the heater evaporates it. My previous ride had a grey interior with grey carpet -- after two years I replaced the carpeted mats -- some spots, but mostly due to general wear and tear.

Either way, you've picked the right car for you. Congratulations and welcome to the club.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KenTO' date='Oct 15 2004, 01:38 AM
therefore I have decided on black.? I have a 2002 530 black sapphire/ black interior, and the interior still looks very clean.

Sometimes practicallity wins overy aesthetics.
[snapback]45031[/snapback]
Good choice, and yes the grey is hard to keep clean and especially if you have children.
Good luck with the purchase and enjoy the forum