E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tired of Run-Flats.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS2's have a very good reputation, they are great for everyday driving in warm weather climates. I run Pilot Sport all seasons and am very happy with them. I have had many different brands of tires including Continental, Dunlop, Pirelli. Bridgestone...

Michelin's are always my favorite but I have also had good experiences with Pirelli Pzeros. Other brands have been OK but I prefer the ride and handling characteristics of the Michelins best. They are expensive but I think they are worth it.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Jet Blk, Blk Int, SMG, Sport, Nav, Prem, CW Pack, L7, PDC

Recently replaced my Bridgestone RFT with Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season. So far i'm liking them a lot. Rides nicer, quieter and i don't get that floaty/drifting feel when I hit bumps on the rd.

Ditching RFT was the best thing I've done on this car.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Members

Toyo T1Rs... they will work to the last bit left...

price is awesome too...
Old 10-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I am probably going tp get Michelin PS2's. Do they ride harsh?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='704414' date='Oct 27 2008, 03:56 PM

try the ContiSport tires by Continental, i'm in love with them, excellent grip, smooth ride, the whole works.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport / Carbon Black Metallic / Aluminium cube / black leather sports seats / Prof. SatNav / Bluetooth.

I swapped my Dunlop runflats for PS2's and the difference is amazing. I now have around 7,000 miles on them in what has been a very wet British summer. Great for just cruising the motorway or blasting round country lanes. Quieter, smoother, grippier.

Haven't heard that they are worse when worn - these are the standard tyreson the M series here.

They were a bit more expensive but so far have been just the job.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

I have several non runflats and so far my favorites are bridgeston re050 pole position. great grip wet or dry and quiet.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See Signature
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='704414' date='Oct 27 2008, 09:56 AM
I have these exact tires and I love them... the ride is great (quiet and smooth). I haven't really had a chance to test them out in any heavy inclement weather but the few times it has rained they have performed great. They are little pricey though but good tires in my opinion. I hope this helps...
Old 10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Members

I'm about to replace the Dunlop RFT's - has anyone tried Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's?
Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='703830' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:55 AM
I used to be a fan of run-flats because I liked the harsh driving feel. But, recently it started raining down here in Florida, and I got a glimpse of just how bad the traction on these things is. My stability control icon blinked 5 times on the way home last night, I wasn't even in sport mode, just driving normally. Twice at the stoplight, once while making a U-turn. Once while taking a left turn into my community, going about 25-30mph. And once more in my community at a stop sign. I really don't feel very safe with these Bridgestone Potenza tires. I want to get normal tires, Michelin would be good. I have heard mixed feeling about the PS2's. Can someone give my some suggestions on good tires? I don't need racing tires, just tires that will stick to the road.

Thank you.

-Krozi
If you are considering an all season tire take a look at the Bridgestone RE960's. I replaced my Dunlop run flats with them and have been really happy with the handling and wet/dry traction. They were the highest rated AS on tirerack.com.

Quick Reply: Tired of Run-Flats.