E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

tire and wheel protection- dealer not covering

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Delivered 1/16/07 07 530i Silver Grey/Blk., ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Logic 7, Step, Sirius

a buddy hit a pothole with his snow tires and the dealer told him its not covered under his tire protection because the tires did not come with the car. When i bought mine, i was told any tire you put on is covered for the length of the contract. After all, original tires dont last three years and you have to replace them sometimes. Anyone have this happen. thoughts????
Old 04-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

[quote name='nicdog' date='Apr 8 2007, 04:54 PM' post='411488']
a buddy hit a pothole with his snow tires and the dealer told him its not covered under his tire protection because the tires did not come with the car. When i bought mine, i was told any tire you put on is covered for the length of the contract. After all, original tires dont last three years and you have to replace them sometimes. Anyone have this happen. thoughts????
[/quote

The option for the road hazzard warranty is usually inexpensive and well worth it.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

I was told all rims and tires that are on the car are covered....I have 2 sets of wheels and had a flat tire covered on the 2nd set of tires that didn't come with the car......your friend shouldn't let the dealer get away with that! He may want to contact BMWNA and get confirmation.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:23 AM
Members

My Ride: Delivered 1/16/07 07 530i Silver Grey/Blk., ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Logic 7, Step, Sirius

Originally Posted by nwilliams' post='412031' date='Apr 10 2007, 08:52 AM
I was told all rims and tires that are on the car are covered....I have 2 sets of wheels and had a flat tire covered on the 2nd set of tires that didn't come with the car......your friend shouldn't let the dealer get away with that! He may want to contact BMWNA and get confirmation.

thanks bro, thats what i thought. Just wanted to make sure b4 i tell him to confront the c/a
Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Members

Arrow

Originally Posted by nicdog' post='411488' date='Apr 8 2007, 04:54 PM
Recently, I also had some experience. A week ago, I took winter tires out and put default tires at one of the tire stores. After that, I started to notice vibrations on steering wheel. So I went to the tire store. They asked me if I hit something hard and showed two of the tires having partially inflated. The service person recommended to replace those two at the price higher than tirerack.com. (I did not know then) I did not feel like to argue so accepted but in this case could I go with tire manufacturer's warranty?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nwilliams' post='412031' date='Apr 10 2007, 08:52 AM
He may want to contact BMWNA and get confirmation.
What might BMW NA have to do with this?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nicdog' post='411488' date='Apr 8 2007, 04:54 PM
Your coverage may be different than your mate?s. My first thought would be to read his coverage statement and see what?s covered.

I know what mine covers and that includes replacements and winter tires.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='412255
Your coverage may be different than your mate?s. My first thought would be to read his coverage statement and see what?s covered.

I know what mine covers and that includes replacements and winter tires.
Coverage should not be any different...this program is available through BMW and is identical across North America....i believe!! could be wrong!!! it happens!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nwilliams' post='412303
Coverage should not be any different...this program is available through BMW and is identical across North America....i believe!! could be wrong!!! it happens!
i guess it happened, sorry
Old 04-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='413488
i guess it happened, sorry
No it didn't....I'm sorry...

Now what????

dude...as opposed to sitting here trying so hard to make me look wrong, why don't you give some valid info!

Quick Reply: tire and wheel protection- dealer not covering