E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tire Puncture False Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005, E61 525i Touring, Black Sapphire Metallic, Dakota Leather, Steptronic Automatic, Pneumatic Self Leveling Rear Suspension, Panorama Glass Roof, PDC (Parking Distance Control front & Back), Navigation, HDTV, Bluetooth Voice Control, RunFlats, Electronically Retractable Side Mirrors, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Autodim Rearview

I have runflats and once about a week after I got the car, I got a puncture and the computer told me about it and it was right. I got it plugged after checking the pressure all around the car and found one to be much lower than the others. I reset iDrive and everythign was fine.

Now today, I got the same warning and this time checked the pressure all around and the pressure was the same so the tire place wasn't about to se what the problem was.

Has this happened to anyone else? I wasn't driving vigorously.

Anyway, I reset i_drive and now it didn't come back on.

What is that about. Totally screwed up my afternoon as I drove around town to find a tire place!

By the way, without runflats, I would have had to stop right away and change the tire, or wonder what happened. With runflats I could confidently drive slowly for a couple of miles looking for a tire place without fear of ruining my tires or rims.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

I've had it happen - also after a real incident.

Got a software update and it happened again. With that reset it held and I haven't had one in a few months. So just check your pressures if it happens again and reset i-drive if its okay. I suspect that sometimes after a warning and a reset, it doesn't reinitialize right. So you just have to reset it again....
Old 11-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

As per the owner's manual, spirited driving can trigger a false alarm for the tyre pressure monitor.