E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A tip on Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 2 2004, 04:45 PM
Maybe we are just old bangers Iceman hahahaha And I am only 27 :'(
lol
Old 09-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Viper786' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:44 AM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Sep 2 2004, 04:41 PM'] And then you look like a f*cking idiot by driving around with the fog lights on and you're annoying others...
Really cool...? :thumbsdown:? :thumbsdown:
Well, not really. If you go drive around at night here in Canton, Michigan you will see that about 60% of the cars drive with the fog lights on. Inluding me [/quote]
That makes them all f*cking idiots!!!

THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT !

If they all jump off a skyscraper, would you do it ? NO. So don't do that shit...

You don't see more!!! It doesn't look cool!!!
It's just wrong and bad!

These lights are called "FOGLIGHTS"... that should tell you something...
Old 09-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I told ya.. your an old banger just like me hahaha j/k
Old 09-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:49 AM
I told ya.. your an old banger just like me hahaha j/k
Well, maybe... But it actually has nothing to do with how old you are. When you use them in regular conditions you just show that you have no clue about those lights, what they are there for and what they do. Driving around like that is the same like walking around with a piece of paper on your back saying: "kick me I'm stupid"... You are not doing that, so why driving around with the foggys on...?
This is so sad...
Old 09-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 2 2004, 04:48 PM
[quote name='Viper786' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:44 AM'] [quote name='Iceman' date='Sep 2 2004, 04:41 PM'] And then you look like a f*cking idiot by driving around with the fog lights on and you're annoying others...
Really cool...? :thumbsdown:? :thumbsdown:
Well, not really. If you go drive around at night here in Canton, Michigan you will see that about 60% of the cars drive with the fog lights on. Inluding me [/quote]
That makes them all f*cking idiots!!!

THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT !

If they all jump off a skyscraper, would you do it ? NO. So don't do that shit...

You don't see more!!! It doesn't look cool!!!
It's just wrong and bad!

These lights are called "FOGLIGHTS"... that should tell you something... [/quote]
i beg to differ....the Angel rings on the 5....there is no reason for them..but they are there for style because they look good....in that case many people feel that fogs on with headlights also look good. Sorry that having fogs on in Germany are illegal...
Old 09-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:52 AM
i beg to differ....the Angel rings on the 5....there is no reason for them..but they are there for style because they look good....in that case many people feel that fogs on with headlights also look good. Sorry that having fogs on in Germany are illegal...
The rings are design and look cool. They are not annoying and have no other function. Just like the LED's on the side...

But foglights are there for FOG ONLY !

Plain and simple!!!

A BMW driver should know how to use them and how to drive. Having them on is f*cked up!!! Plain and simple!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

I can understand your contradictary taste....and i would be mad as hell if it was illegal here in USA to have them on. But since they are not....i would say 80% of all luxury car owners do have them on while driving. Believe it or not...and i guess that makes them all STUPID! lol
Old 09-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Sep 3 2004, 01:00 AM
I can understand your contradictary taste....and i would be mad as hell if it was illegal here in USA to have them on. But since they are not....i would say 80% of all luxury car owners do have them on while driving. Believe it or not...and i guess that makes them all STUPID! lol
This is not about taste!

And if you want to see it this way, then I have to say, yes you're right. Americans in luxury cars seem to be stupid. But I DOUBT that ALL of them do what you do...

It's simply f*cked up!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Geez, Iceman. I have never seen you this fired up. And over fog lights??? Give me a freakin' break. Sounds like you have been traumatized or something by them. With comments like that, sounds like you should shift to the Roadfly board where all the other cranky people lurk.

Again, we're talking about optional use of fog lights???????

It's one of the most f*cked up things you can do!!!

It doesn't look cool or good, it lokks STUPID, plain and simple!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess Iceman had a bad day today? Let's all chill out and be friendly again. Forget about this post. It was just a tip. We can either take it or walk away.

Quick Reply: A tip on Headlights