E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A tip on Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't know if anyone knows this but i just found this out the other day and its cool. There has been a form on auto headlights and them turning on and not turning on when needed. Most people tend to use manual mode but they are scared that they will leave the lights on when the ignition turns off, park and leave the car. I have had this happen to me alot where on Auto the lights don't turn on in foggy or semi dark conditions...i had to turn it on manually. sometimes i used to forget to turn them off (luckly i used to come back to the car in time before the battery went out )

But now what i do is while the switch is on Auto, and when the lights don't come on automatically and i need them on, i hit the fog light button only. This turns the fogs and the headlights on. This is better than manual because if you turn the ignition off, the lights turn off automatically.....this way you don't have to remember to turn them off manually

excuse me if some of you already knew this
Old 09-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Sep 2 2004, 04:39 PM
excuse me if some of you already knew this
Hehe... i already knew...
Old 09-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

And then you look like a f*cking idiot by driving around with the fog lights on and you're annoying others...
Really cool... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 09-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Very true but also very illegal in the Netherlands. If I drive around in unfoggy conditions with my fogs on I get a 60 euro fine from the local police.. So unfortunaly no option for me.

On the other hand I also forget to turn them off but the car will start gonging on me like crazy so I won't forget them.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:42 AM
Very true but also very illegal in the Netherlands. If I drive around in unfoggy conditions with my fogs on I get a 60 euro fine from the local police.. So unfortunaly no option for me.

On the other hand I also forget to turn them off but the car will start gonging on me like crazy so I won't forget them.
Same here in Germany and because there is a warning chimne you CAN'T forget!

Don't do thaat f*cked up driving around with fog lights on...
Old 09-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

i drive with my fog lights on ALL the time during dark conditions....the car looks better from the front at night with fogs and lights on. i don't know how it is in Germany but the fogs here aren't all that bright to really annoy others

most luxury cars come with fogs and most of them i see on the road..the fogs are on...thats just USA for ya
Old 09-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Sep 3 2004, 12:43 AM
i drive with my fog lights on ALL the time during dark conditions....the car looks better from the front at night with fogs and lights on. i don't know how it is in Germany but the fogs here aren't all that bright to really annoy others
It's one of the most f*cked up things you can do!!!

It doesn't look cool or good, it lokks STUPID, plain and simple!!!
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Maybe you have different fogs because over here they do blind others because they are not well alligned like your normal headlights are.
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 2 2004, 04:41 PM
And then you look like a f*cking idiot by driving around with the fog lights on and you're annoying others...
Really cool... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Well, not really. If you go drive around at night here in Canton, Michigan you will see that about 60% of the cars drive with the fog lights on. Inluding me
Old 09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Maybe we are just old bangers Iceman hahahaha And I am only 27 :'(

Quick Reply: A tip on Headlights