E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Tiny door dings

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys - how much of an effort or cost does it require to remove door dings from my E60.. Since I have another car in the garage, while opening the door other people ended up dinging my E60.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by thefleet
Hey guys - how much of an effort or cost does it require to remove door dings from my E60.. Since I have another car in the garage, while opening the door other people ended up dinging my E60.
Check Out dent Wizrd, they are paintless dent removal. They go around from dealer to dealer and also have a shop in Schanumburg for drop in customer.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:59 AM
Members

Paintless Dent Repair. Usally you can get someone to come to your home or office. $60 a panel regardless of how many dings in a panel is typical. Cash is king and sometimes you can work a better deal.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bad Debt
Paintless Dent Repair. Usally you can get someone to come to your home or office. $60 a panel regardless of how many dings in a panel is typical. Cash is king and sometimes you can work a better deal.
+1
Old 03-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DAYM $60 per panel is a great deal, I paid $40 per ding.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

It really depends on the guy, some will do flat rate while others will do per dent. Where the dent is will also affect the cost. I have a couple they could not do because they were in front of a door beam. Could not get a tool between the beam and the panel

When I worked at the dealer the guy did each car for $60

Remember the majority of these guys do it on their own.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I have never heard of $60 per panel here in Socal. That's pretty ridiculous deal to me.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I have never heard of $60 per panel here in Socal. That's pretty ridiculous deal to me.
Yes it was true. We had a guy with a contract with at least the three used car dealers in my area which was Anaheim. Independent guy, had a little white dog. Came at least once a week and did at least 6-8 cars each visit. Other dent guys would always want to get in on his action but not as good as he was. Just think how much one of these guys can make if they had more cars than they could handle. Too bad the average dent guy could not in a week get what this guy did in a day.

Oh and yeah he would charge more than that to a guy in the street. He did give the dealer employees the same deal though and did a couple of my cars in the past.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Interesting. Perhaps you can hook up the info

Though it probably won't be that great of a deal for me, since I only have 1 unnoticeable ding on my passenger door, and an odd ding on top of the car.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Contributors

dunno if i still have the hook ups i used to I totally got out of the auto repair side of things when I broke my back 5 years ago. Just now getting back into it because money is getting tight.

Quick Reply: Tiny door dings