E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Time Display

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have had this problem since I bought the car, and it has annoyed me for too long now. I don?t know if there is a solution that I don?t know of, or is it one of those stupid things that BMW didn?t think of when they designed this car (referring to the cup holders).
Time is displayed in two places: iDrive and Dash board display. Every time I?m over speeding, washer low, seat belt not on, or whatever stupid reason the time display goes away and I get two warning messages instead of the time display. I think it is really stupid, I?d be driving on the highway and can?t tell what the time is unless I slow down.
This doesn?t seem practical to me at all.
What does everyone think? Shouldn?t BMW update their software to have the time displayed at all times? <_<
Old 09-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Senior Members

When you receive a Check Control message, all you do is hit the "Check" button to the left of your steering wheel. Doing this will again display the time both on the iDrive and the Check Control display in the instrument cluster.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

As said befroe: press the "check" button and the messsage disappears. A warning triangle next to the selected gear (or mode) reminds you on a current problem, what you can manually check in idrive.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:25 AM
Members

Or you could just raise the speed limit at which the I-Drive beeps.

Me, speed? No way...
Old 09-05-2004, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chicosy' date='Sep 5 2004, 03:25 PM
Or you could just raise the speed limit at which the I-Drive beeps.
Or instaed deactivate it.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I agree that it's stupid though. I sometimes have to press that stupid "Check" button 3 or 4 times on longer drives because it then reverts back to the warning indication after like 15 seconds. This is also annoying to a passenger that cannot just press that check button when they want to see the time. This is flat out a stupid feature. If you press check, it should then revert to the standard display for a longer period of time. Maybe like 30 minutes at least.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Members

Thank you guys,
Though 555 is right, most of the time my passengers complain about the time. I would like to see the time with one eye move instead of clicking on check.
it doesn't make sense to be going at 180 kph and have to take my eyes off the street to look at the check button, then whether the display changed or not.
BMW designers should have known better.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate the way you get warning messages in the dash and idrive.

for example: fuel warning

you get a fuel icon in dash, an ! in dash and text message warning in idrive status bar.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

They did that for people like my father who use yellow tags with the word fuel on them on their dashboard or else they forget to go to the gasstation
Old 09-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ethanbmw' date='Sep 7 2004, 08:15 PM
i hate the way you get warning messages in the dash and idrive.

for example: fuel warning

you get a fuel icon in dash, an ! in dash and text message warning in idrive status bar.
And if have HUD you get a warning on the HUD too.

Quick Reply: Time Display