5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Three little buggers! (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/three-little-buggers-1593/)

BMWHobo 07-05-2004 10:42 AM

I have had the car a little over 4 months now. I basically enjoy driving it and am happy with it. However there are these three little buggers that keep occurring. 1) The key removal chime goes off on a random bases when the drivers door is opened after the key has been removed. Pulling the key straight out towards the passenger side seems to prevent it from occurring but not always. Sometimes it will chime two times, sometimes once. With the mechanic in the car it wouldn't occur once! 2) The passenger airbag off light in the overhead won't go out for 113 lb. wife until we have driven for awhile. Sometimes it comes back on after it finally does go out. The dealer says the system is working correctly. If I seat in the passenger seat, 213 lbs, it goes out immediately. 3) The steering wheel will forget its preset position and go to the lowest position on a random bases at startup. This is not a big deal but annoying.

Anyone else experiencing these little buggers?

Jimbo 07-05-2004 10:52 AM

I had the seatbelt light problem. The switch was replaced. The system is not operating normally. "normal" is in the eyes of the dealer. Since none of the mechanics/techs/sales reps own e60's, I say it is the owners who should decide what is normal.

rollee 07-05-2004 11:59 AM

my steering wheel at times does not go back to the preset position after start up, i thought i must not have programmed it properly, but still annoying cause i never read the owners manuel.
will have it checked out when i bring it in the first time. thought to mention it since you brought it up, this does not bother any other enjoyment of the car though.
the one thing that actually bothered me was the non operation sun roof after ignition is switched off. rollee

jmcaiado 07-05-2004 12:45 PM

Version 12 of the software will fix your problems.

spec33 07-05-2004 01:27 PM

Guess again, V12 will not fix the sunroof. Fixes the CD mute, but not the sunroof.

NickP 07-05-2004 01:35 PM

What sunroof problem??? Sorry, I'm reading the thread and see no mention of a sunroof problem :unsure:

Iceman 07-05-2004 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by rollee' date='Jul 5 2004, 09:59 PM
the one thing that actually bothered me was the non operation sun roof after ignition is switched off. rollee

This one!

jmcaiado 07-05-2004 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by spec33' date='Jul 5 2004, 03:27 PM
Guess again, V12 will not fix the sunroof. Fixes the CD mute, but not the sunroof.

Strange, never had that problem!!!

skidster 07-05-2004 02:18 PM

never had the cd mute problem
sunroof works fine, including key-controlled open/close
star button prog'd to repeat last nav command

all fine for me, which is nice for a change!

NickP 07-05-2004 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 5 2004, 03:42 PM
[quote name='rollee' date='Jul 5 2004, 09:59 PM'] the one thing that actually bothered me was the non operation sun roof after ignition is switched off. rollee

This one! [/quote]
Got it... Is everyone else seeing the same behaviour with key out sunroof is no longer moveable?