E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Three dings one side!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

I was pissed off to come back to find another Ding put on the driver side of the car....I recieved my first ding 2 months after recieveing the car...I come back from the gym to find a nice ding on the driver side door....the 2nd ding appeared out of no where...you can only see it from some angles which i noticed couple days ago...now today i came back to a parking lot to find a ding on the scratch on the rear driver door...three on one side...Ive got to take it to the body shop...its going to suck ..
Old 09-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black (Base + PDC)

I can totally understand....I always park my car FAR FAR away in the parking lot on a corner spot....

Try a search and you can find the suggested rules for choosing a spot from other members...Good luck...
Old 09-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

Let someone guard it , when i have to go to the city on saturdays i use another car because i'm afraid for those things.
My car was also vandalised when i just got it and parked it outside a shop, deep scratch from head to tail light :'(
Old 09-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Sep 27 2005, 04:16 PM
I was pissed off to come back to find another Ding put on the driver side of the car....I recieved my first ding 2 months after recieveing the car...I come back from the gym to find a nice ding on the driver side door....the 2nd ding appeared out of no where...you can only see it from some angles which i noticed couple days ago...now today i came back to a parking lot to find a ding on the scratch on the rear driver door...three on one side...Ive got to take it to the body shop...its going to suck ..
[snapback]175947[/snapback]

I hear nothing but good things about the paintless dent removal options out there.

This is one of them: http://www.dentwizard.com/site/US/EN/pdr/faqs.htm

They basically wiggle a slim-jim inside the door panel and work the dents back out until the surface is flush.

I feel for you man, good luck getting it repaired.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Sep 27 2005, 03:49 PM
[quote name='Jerzguju' date='Sep 27 2005, 04:16 PM']I was pissed off to come back to find another Ding put on the driver side of the car....I recieved my first ding 2 months after recieveing the car...I come back from the gym to find a nice ding on the driver side door....the 2nd ding appeared out of no where...you can only see it from some angles which i noticed couple days ago...now today i came back to a parking lot to find a ding on the scratch on the rear driver door...three on one side...Ive got to take it to the body shop...its going to suck ..

I hear nothing but good things about the paintless dent removal options out there.

This is one of them: http://www.dentwizard.com/site/US/EN/pdr/faqs.htm

They basically wiggle a slim-jim inside the door panel and work the dents back out until the surface is flush.

I feel for you man, good luck getting it repaired.
[snapback]175968[/snapback]
[/quote]

I used he dentwizard once on my E46 and I still can not believe it.They did a near to perfect JOB. My eyes could not believe it.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

:'( I always park our car away from other cars! I hate dings!

1 ? year (58.000 km) no dings!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Sep 27 2005, 04:16 PM
I also strongly recommend the paintless dent repair people--e.g., Dent Busters
Old 09-27-2005, 03:27 PM
JDN
Contributors

Jerzguju, my wife dinged my in the garage with her door without even realizing it. The doors touched and she could not see any damage from her perspective. I could see it in the light. Hence, she was very remorseful and has not touched it since. In your circumstances, could that be a possibility?
Old 09-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Hell noo....haha...i would never do such a thing...and no wife exist....my car is my wife ive always wanted though...listens to me....rides well....and is fast on the curves...
Old 09-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Members

Yeah, I always try to park far away from other cars, if at all possible. I can't understand how people just swing their doors open without any consideration for the car parked right next to them. I see it all the time. On the other hand, it just could be someone hatin' on us because they envy our cars. Sorry, to hear about your door dings. I'd be pissed off too. I can faintly see one at an angle on my passenger side rear door and I was pissed. I have no knowledge of where it happened.

Quick Reply: Three dings one side!