E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

they are upgrading to new CCC for idrive crash

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally got confirmation from dealer that they submitted the PUMA case for my car with idrive blanking out for past many months, and they are finally deciding to change to new CCC in my car. They will start doing Friday today, and I can pick it up on Monday morning.... would it be THAT fast? Wouldn't they have to order a new CCC? or what happens if they use an in stock CCC which is will have the same problem as my current CCC... kind of worried, because my warranty is expiring soon... will they change my CCC to the 2008 model CCC?

thanks again guys...
Old 02-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Almighty JungleBoy' post='534886' date='Feb 23 2008, 10:48 AM
will they change my CCC to the 2008 model CCC?
The only question I can answer with some certainty. NO.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure you will get a new one, they will most probably replace it with an identical remanufactured (used) CCC.
The same thing they will do with your current CCC they will repair it and fit it to another car as RMFD.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Members

wow... then i would be very worried... because what if they put in something that is more defective than mine and the warranty runs out? i am worried!!
Old 02-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Members

If the problem still remains and you are outside the warranty period but the fault was being dealt with during the warranty period you should be fine ,get things in writing before the warranty finishes and keep all documentation regarding the fault.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

The CCC is a collection of electronic, mechanical and electromechanical components. There are at least three microprocessors (depending on options such as NAV, iDrive, etc), memory chip, electomechanical sensors (yaw for instance), motherboard, plus various hardware components such as CD or DVD drives, etc. Some mechanical parts may be reconditioned, but elctronic parts will have been either tested good or replaced with new parts.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Almighty JungleBoy' post='534886' date='Feb 23 2008, 05:48 AM
will they change my CCC to the 2008 model CCC?
No, you will definitely not get a 2008 CCC. You will get the CCC appropriate for your car. It may be rebuilt by the way. BMW does not always use new parts (but the rebuilt parts are fine too).
Old 02-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Members

Now they are saying not to pick up the car for now... because the replaced CCC put into car doesn't even start up even with few tries of recoding the car.... what does that mean?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Members

kind of worried... they still told me i cannot pick up the car... they still have difficulty with programming after changing the CCC... any info guys? thanks again!!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Almighty JungleBoy' post='537127' date='Feb 28 2008, 10:22 AM
kind of worried... they still told me i cannot pick up the car... they still have difficulty with programming after changing the CCC... any info guys? thanks again!!
This is common after replacing CCC. The new CCC has to be programmed as retrofitted, so the car loses it's original configuration, mulfunctioning with other peripherals and devices connected to the optical network, plus they need new codes (ordered from BMW ASAP) for voice commands.

It is also possible that they will repair your original CCC and re-install it, but this will take 2 weeks... (shipping to Germany and back) but then again, it maybe needs to be reprogrammed as retrofitted because its epprom or the whole motherboard has probably been replaced.

BTW what's you location?

I retrofitted my CCC (Nav Pro) over the M-ASK (Nav Business) and had the same problems...

Quick Reply: they are upgrading to new CCC for idrive crash