E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Theft from my 2008 535i

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='1079080' date='Dec 23 2009, 03:39 PM
wouldn't popping the hood set off the alarm? Battery is in trunk so I am confused

1. The sensor is located on the passengers side. The alarm wont turn on if you unlock only the driver side hinge.

2. Nothing was visible inside the car the ipod and camera were inside the armrest.

3. It looks like they were also trying to steal my headlights as the bolts and mount was missing from the driver side head lights!

Thanks,

The Armenian.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Contributors

Where are you located?

If you are in socal, it was posted that in the West Side and I think Wilshire area there have been thieves targeting BMW's stealing headlights.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

I still don't understand how the alarm was turned off from under the hood. The battery is in the trunk, and the horn is not under the hood.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Members

redEYEjedi- I am in the East Hollywood Area/Los Feliz Area. Where was it posted that they are stealing headlights?

AKAlius- The battery is located in the trunk but the battery terminal is located under the hood!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Members

I just talked to a BMW parts department in LA and the service guy was telling me that a lot of theft has been going on in the San Fernando valley and LA of headlights. Now we have something else to look forward to. The interesting thing is that no one knows how the hell they get in the car and disable the alarm and open the trunk.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

Car theives are creatures of habits too, they do what works and do it all the time.
I dont think they wanna stick around and trouble shoot.

The dealer should switch the sensor from the passenger side to the driver side and this will throw the thieves off their game.

next time they see an e60, they're gonna second guess themselves and move on to an Audi or a Benzo
Old 12-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

damn!!! asorry to hear that
Old 12-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by Armenian' post='1080726' date='Dec 28 2009, 01:13 PM
I just talked to a BMW parts department in LA and the service guy was telling me that a lot of theft has been going on in the San Fernando valley and LA of headlights. Now we have something else to look forward to. The interesting thing is that no one knows how the hell they get in the car and disable the alarm and open the trunk.
Was there any damage to your doors?
Old 12-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Members

No damage to anything just some items missing out of my car and a few bolts missing off of my headlight. I was at the dealer today and paid 18.00 for two bolts and a small ass bracket. The guy told me that investigators were at the dealer about a week ago asking for prices on the headlights adn airbags. The guy told me the headlights w/module(under the light) on a 535i cost $6k for a set!

I think I just might put some loktite on the bolts to weld the headlight to the chassis, but im not sure if I need to take bolts out to change the headlight bulb.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 750Li, & 03 E500 & 06 550i

Yep, thats the rule in our home. Had to beg my wife to remember not to leave her sunglasses or even the LV sunglass case in sight. I told her that a thief walks past expensive cars looking for those with good stuff to steal. If they cant see it, they rather not take the time and effort on a guess but if they see it, then they know its for sure and worth the effort. The more stuff they see, the better target your car becomes.

The only other way to help avoid it, is park your car in a very open spots where no one is parked right up around you. That way they cant hide between cars or duck down when someone is passing by.

Quick Reply: Theft from my 2008 535i