E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Thanks to ALL e60 forum members and a true BMW story!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

To ALL e60 Forum members!!

My 2004 530i, has 28,000 miles, and it has gave me good service so far, although I am starting to have some problems out of my idrive, i.e. my factory BMW 6 CD stacker icons on my idrive Screen will not light up, that allows me click on and change my CDs from time to time, and my bluetooth cell had a "bad echo" in the receivers end which was very annoying that I was told by my girlfriend, my family, friends, my business partner, and customers, and I posted and ask you members here at the e60 forum about my Bluetooth with the bad echo in it on the receivers end, and a member said to me, that it sounds to him like my TCU unit might be going bad, and that I should have it checked by my BMW dealer!!

So when I took it in for servicing, and I told them my BMW service rep what was going on, and a friend said it could be my TCU unit. My BMW Service rep said that's crazy!! He was tying to BS me and saying how my BMW is brand new, and besides that is one of the things I checked myself yesterday and there nothing was and is wrong with it!

This B.S. went on for two years, (thank God my old BMW service rep. is no longer at my local BMW dealer no more, and I am told he went with Toyota, I am thinking I see why too, and I also thought how that is a very good place for him!! Away from BMW owners who pay dearly $$$, and want and demand the very best out of our e60 BMWs!!!).

Like most all e60 BMW owners, I too pay my annual charge of 199.99 to BMW Assist every year for their needed service, but then I noticed for about the last 6 months when I tried to test my BMW assist unit in front of friends and clients, trying to showing off BMWs Chris Bangle and his design team and my e60 BMW off some, and showing them how my BMW Assist works, and then one day it was not working anymore, and when I got the time, I got BMW North America Customer Service involved, and they got my NEW service Rep at my local BMW dealer here in Atlanta involved, and to make a long story short, My Bluetooth is fixed and working BMW great now, and turned out that my TCU unit that controls my bluetooth in my idrive and also BMW assist, has NEVER worked 100% BMW right, and it finally got to be replaced by my BMW dealer last month, and now my idrive bluetooth hands free cell and BMW assist are both working BMW greatness like it should had from day one!!

Now my idrive and it will be out of Bumper to Bumper BMW factory warranty April 14, 08 and just wonder is there anything that needs updating on my iDrive or on my BMW that BMW wont tell me that needs updating, that one of you members might already had some experience and know, and can share it with me and save me a lot of heartaches and money $$$ when it is out of the 4yr 50,000 factory warranty in a couple of weeks...and I have got to start paying a 250.00 deducible when something needs to be fixed!! With the monthly payment and gas at 4.60 a gallon here in Atlanta, I will be taking it in less and less for repairs...

Thanks in advance.

Eddie Presley

PS,
I am not sucking up, but this e60 forum has save me tons of headaches and money over they past four years, and I just want to let all you e60 forum members know I appreciate all your past experience knowledge, and advice and help and what to watch out for and the correct way to handle things when I have ask for it over the past few years!! (which is been about 1000 questions a day on the e60 / 24/7 - Just kidding, but I do post a lot of questions but you guys always give me the right answer!!!)
Attached Thumbnails Thanks to ALL e60 forum members and a true BMW story!!-m5_replica_presley_dsc01253.jpg   Thanks to ALL e60 forum members and a true BMW story!!-dsc01248.jpg  
Old 03-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

well Presley348 I am glad the bluetooth is now worked out, your car looks great, 4 years, hold it another 4 years and you will be driving a F10 soon enough... but as things change you mind making your thumbnails maybe a little smaller.... we all love your car... the more the better..but you know sometimes change is good ...
Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='553022' date='Mar 29 2008, 11:58 PM
To ALL e60 Forum members!!

My 2004 530i, has 28,000 miles, and it has gave me good service so far, although I am starting to have some problems out of my idrive, i.e. my factory BMW 6 CD stacker icons on my idrive Screen will not light up, that allows me click on and change my CDs from time to time, and my bluetooth cell had a "bad echo" in the receivers end which was very annoying that I was told by my girlfriend, my family, friends, my business partner, and customers, and I posted and ask you members here at the e60 forum about my Bluetooth with the bad echo in it on the receivers end, and a member said to me, that it sounds to him like my TCU unit might be going bad, and that I should have it checked by my BMW dealer!!

So when I took it in for servicing, and I told them my BMW service rep what was going on, and a friend said it could be my TCU unit. My BMW Service rep said that's crazy!! He was tying to BS me and saying how my BMW is brand new, and besides that is one of the things I checked myself yesterday and there nothing was and is wrong with it!

This B.S. went on for two years, (thank God my old BMW service rep. is no longer at my local BMW dealer no more, and I am told he went with Toyota, I am thinking I see why too, and I also thought how that is a very good place for him!! Away from BMW owners who pay dearly $$$, and want and demand the very best out of our e60 BMWs!!!).

Like most all e60 BMW owners, I too pay my annual charge of 199.99 to BMW Assist every year for their needed service, but then I noticed for about the last 6 months when I tried to test my BMW assist unit in front of friends and clients, trying to showing off BMWs Chris Bangle and his design team and my e60 BMW off some, and showing them how my BMW Assist works, and then one day it was not working anymore, and when I got the time, I got BMW North America Customer Service involved, and they got my NEW service Rep at my local BMW dealer here in Atlanta involved, and to make a long story short, My Bluetooth is fixed and working BMW great now, and turned out that my TCU unit that controls my bluetooth in my idrive and also BMW assist, has NEVER worked 100% BMW right, and it finally got to be replaced by my BMW dealer last month, and now my idrive bluetooth hands free cell and BMW assist are both working BMW greatness like it should had from day one!!

Now my idrive and it will be out of Bumper to Bumper BMW factory warranty April 14, 08 and just wonder is there anything that needs updating on my iDrive or on my BMW that BMW wont tell me that needs updating, that one of you members might already had some experience and know, and can share it with me and save me a lot of heartaches and money $$$ when it is out of the 4yr 50,000 factory warranty in a couple of weeks...and I have got to start paying a 250.00 deducible when something needs to be fixed!! With the monthly payment and gas at 4.60 a gallon here in Atlanta, I will be taking it in less and less for repairs...

Thanks in advance.

Eddie Presley

PS,
I am not sucking up, but this e60 forum has save me tons of headaches and money over they past four years, and I just want to let all you e60 forum members know I appreciate all your past experience knowledge, and advice and help and what to watch out for and the correct way to handle things when I have ask for it over the past few years!! (which is been about 1000 questions a day on the e60 / 24/7 - Just kidding, but I do post a lot of questions but you guys always give me the right answer!!!)
I think there is a thread that listed some things to consider before your warranty is up. I used it when I first bought my MY05 530i with 38k on it last Feb.

You can try searching for "dealer service". I'll see if I can find it too. There are a lot of common problems with the e60 but thankfully BMWNA helps with it's dealerships to take care of them. I opted to pay a 100.00 extra on my warranty to not have a deductible. I do think issues with the car become more palatable when we are on our own dime though.