E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Thanks -

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: All on order and should be here by 28th September 2007

Just placed my order for a new LCI E60

BMW 525d M Sport
Space Grey Metallic Paint
Black Dakota Leather
Heated Seats
6 Disc Changer
Hifi Loudspeaker System
Visibility Pack
Load through system
Extended Lights Package Interior
Folding & Auto dimming door mirrors

I have spent a lot of time reading different posts and although I have hardly posted any myself i have found e60.net a great forum for information. So thank you one and all for your help.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Members

Sounds great to me!!

Did you purchase from a dealer? did you get any kind of discount?

been looking for a 525d m sport myself....very good choice IMHO...espicially the new LC! with upgraded engine

curious though.....no auto?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by say33d' post='436070' date='Jun 15 2007, 02:52 PM
Sounds great to me!!

Did you purchase from a dealer? did you get any kind of discount?

been looking for a 525d m sport myself....very good choice IMHO...espicially the new LC! with upgraded engine

curious though.....no auto?
Hi, i placed the order through a lease hire company as it is going to be a company car.

Regarding the auto, I have always driven manual and as its a company car I will save a little with the company car tax and the slightly better fuel economy. I must admit though, the car I had my test drive in was an auto and I could not fault it. Maybe next time I will give my left leg a rest and tick the auto option.

The biggest choice for me was the colour combination. I would make a decision then see a different combo on this site and change my mind
Old 06-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by idgam' post='436074' date='Jun 15 2007, 05:06 PM
Hi, i placed the order through a lease hire company as it is going to be a company car.

Regarding the auto, I have always driven manual and as its a company car I will save a little with the company car tax and the slightly better fuel economy. I must admit though, the car I had my test drive in was an auto and I could not fault it. Maybe next time I will give my left leg a rest and tick the auto option.

The biggest choice for me was the colour combination. I would make a decision then see a different combo on this site and change my mind

The car, colour combo and extras are all great choices but get the automatic transmission!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats on your order and enjoy it once it comes in. continue enjoying the forums too
Old 06-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Members

Wow, sounds just like my car on order.....which arrives in 10 days (or so)!

I've ordered a Space Grey 525d M Sport, Auto, Black Leather, Heated Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Bluetooth, USB/Ipod, and swapped the Aluminium Interior Trim for the High Gloss Black.

Can't wait, especially after giving in to my midlife crisis and selling the MK2 TT for something more practical.

I'll post some pics when it arrives if you'd like.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TT32DSG' post='436209' date='Jun 15 2007, 09:31 PM
Wow, sounds just like my car on order.....which arrives in 10 days (or so)!

I've ordered a Space Grey 525d M Sport, Auto, Black Leather, Heated Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Bluetooth, USB/Ipod, and swapped the Aluminium Interior Trim for the High Gloss Black.

Can't wait, especially after giving in to my midlife crisis and selling the MK2 TT for something more practical.

I'll post some pics when it arrives if you'd like.
Thanks that would be great.

Must admit i really wanted the carbon black with natural brown interior, but I don't think I could keep the outside clean enough and my two small daughters would make a mess of the rear seat. :thumbsdown:

I would have also liked to get hold of the 172 19" rims but unfortunately my budget does not go that far.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by idgam' post='436698' date='Jun 17 2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks that would be great.

Must admit i really wanted the carbon black with natural brown interior, but I don't think I could keep the outside clean enough and my two small daughters would make a mess of the rear seat. :thumbsdown:

I would have also liked to get hold of the 172 19" rims but unfortunately my budget does not go that far.
I too also wanted the 172's, but the car is a company car and all that will happen is the tyre company our lease co use are a certain well known high street outfit and they already managed to damage the wheels on all company cars I've had to date - so don't fancy paying for the wheels as an option for some clown fitter to damage them.

I may buy a set at a later point from eBay and use them as summer wheels and swap back to the standard M Sports in Winter.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Contributors

How long did you have to wait for your car?

The leasing company I am using is quoting middle to end of August for mine.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by idgam' post='436757' date='Jun 17 2007, 10:51 PM
How long did you have to wait for your car?

The leasing company I am using is quoting middle to end of August for mine.
I ordered on the 11th May, and it's confirmed for delivery to the lease co on the 19th June, with onward delivery to me by 26th June - which seems pretty quick to me for BMW.

My original confirmed date was 13th July, so the car is arriving 3 weeks earlier than planned.

The leasing company my employer uses, ALD, are very good and even put me in direct contact with the supplying dealer for order confirmation, etc.