E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Thank u girl for hitting my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

From my own crash experience, the bumper can't be re-used with that large a dent. The bumper alignment is off as well judging by the headlight washer cover/dummy cover.
The fender can probably be repaired but, surprisingly, they are not that expensive.
Laws are different everywhere but most insurance companies allow you to have the job done where you want after an inspector writes a report. Insist on OEM parts and a BMW approved body shop.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

Originally Posted by Gilgorm
From my own crash experience, the bumper can't be re-used with that large a dent. The bumper alignment is off as well judging by the headlight washer cover/dummy cover.
The fender can probably be repaired but, surprisingly, they are not that expensive.
Laws are different everywhere but most insurance companies allow you to have the job done where you want after an inspector writes a report. Insist on OEM parts and a BMW approved body shop.
sure I'll insist on OEM parts, thank u for ur comment
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i - Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Active Steering, Navigation, Comfort Access, 7 Logic Stereo

That sucks - sorry to hear of your automotive misfortune :thumbsdown:
Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

Wish that happen to me! I would have a new Mtech kit put on!

Old 08-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Honestly, if you dont want to increase ur insurance premium and/or avoid paying a deductible, i would take off the front bumper cover and tap that dent right out using a rubber mallet. structurally the bumper is still in tact and is only depressed in that one area...looks like there isnt even any creasing from the dent as well. im 90% sure that this would pop right out actually (based on your picture). and btw, removing the front bumper cover is really easy, only a few clips and bolts...

just a thought.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
Honestly, if you dont want to increase ur insurance premium and/or avoid paying a deductible, i would take off the front bumper cover and tap that dent right out using a rubber mallet. structurally the bumper is still in tact and is only depressed in that one area...looks like there isnt even any creasing from the dent as well. im 90% sure that this would pop right out actually (based on your picture). and btw, removing the front bumper cover is really easy, only a few clips and bolts...

just a thought.
If the girls insurance is covering it, He doesn't have to pay a deductible and his insurance shouldn't go up.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

no matter what tool you use, you can't bring that bumper back [economically] to how it was. During the hit, the material gets stretched slightly and bent. You can try to hit the bumper from behind, the bump will come out, but YOU WILL still see the damage.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 AW M5

do it!if the girls insurance covering everything. i got rear ended a few weeks ago and today i'm picking up my car with the new Mtech kit.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by pcy
no matter what tool you use, you can't bring that bumper back [economically] to how it was. During the hit, the material gets stretched slightly and bent. You can try to hit the bumper from behind, the bump will come out, but YOU WILL still see the damage.
+++ 1
Old 08-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

hmmm....i did this once while broke as a joke in college and my bumper came out looking the same way it did before. i was shocked. but then again, that was a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP....not a sweet ass BMW so....maybe going the proper way is the best way to go.

Quick Reply: Thank u girl for hitting my car!!!