E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Test drive my friend's E60 M5 vs 550i

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

Originally Posted by Mike_K
Old ass post, I know. I never noticed the replies until searching through my other posts.

First things first... Why are you so caught up on engine braking? You bought a car with an automatic transmission. Are you trying to roll around town in 2nd gear so people think you have a manual transmission because that's about the only reason I could see someone complaining about this. It takes NOTHING away from the driving experience and I can't imagine anyone saying that their car isn't a performance car because it doesn't engine brake when they put their automatic transmission in manual mode. You can't possibly realize how silly this sounds.

As a side note, is English not your first language? It doesn't matter but I think people are attacking you for being stupid/ lazy when in all actuality I'm thinking English isn't your first language which is a lot more forgivable than being stupid/ lazy!
Well before you do any assumptions, please take for the spin AMG C55 with auto tranny (actually it came with only auto tranny) and then we can come back and talk about auto tranny feedback, at any speed and the gear number.
I see a lot people disagree with me and you are ready burn me, because you had never anything better than this E60 with soft tranny or bad design for the valvetronic system.
I was trying to understand if it?s cause by auto tranny or valvetronic? I still don?t know the answer.
I do think its valvetronic, so that actuator is reacting slow to do engine brake. I think it could software or it?s preventing to overspeed engine, the time of calculation is slow. So it leads to we don?t have full control over the performance car.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Is the Op trying to make the point that the M5 is a better driver's car? Who didn't know that? What's the point of this post anyway?
Old 06-26-2019, 02:36 AM
New Members

My Ride: 550i M 2007 Supercharged

Originally Posted by crypto
Is this a post you made while depressed and drinking? I don't follow the point of it. There's different tiers of cars with different pros and cons.. not the least of which is cost. Why not just save up for a Gulfstream G650? Compared to the M5 .. it can get over the Atlantic ocean infinitely faster. I mean I tried in an M5 and it just sank -- what a piece of junk.

Want an E60 with AWD? Sorry M5 is not for you. Want to get more than 10MPG? M5 is not for you. Want to stay in a budget without getting one that's 6 years old.. probably not for you either. If you bought new or close to it .. the two cars are probably about $35,000 different in price. That's not an insignificant jump up in cost for most people. The list goes on..
Hahaha no fucking getting bro what's wrong with this waste man