E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The tear down on my 535 has begun.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yet another update:

Just got a call today. There was oil going through the turbo-chargers, so they had to take it apart. They ordered new turbos today and will probably be in on Monday or Tuesday. Another $3K onto the tab. Still do not know when I will get my car back yet.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='544215' date='Mar 13 2008, 11:42 AM
Yet another update:

Just got a call today. There was oil going through the turbo-chargers, so they had to take it apart. They ordered new turbos today and will probably be in on Monday or Tuesday. Another $3K onto the tab. Still do not know when I will get my car back yet.
How close is the total cost of repair compared to the current market value of your vehicle (mileage, condition, options, etc)? Have you discussed diminished market value as well?

--Victor
Old 04-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

It has been a while since I posted an update simply because there is no update!!! It has now been over 3 months since my accident and I still do not have my car back. The last thing that I was told is that they are now replacing the power steering and that they are "80% completed" with the repairs. Seeing how there original goal was to have the car finished by the end of February, I am not real sure that 80% finished means anything at all. Meanwhile, I am still driving this POS Chevy Impala.

I wish I had better news to share, but more of the same.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='557545' date='Apr 7 2008, 04:45 PM
It has been a while since I posted an update simply because there is no update!!! It has now been over 3 months since my accident and I still do not have my car back. The last thing that I was told is that they are now replacing the power steering and that they are "80% completed" with the repairs. Seeing how there original goal was to have the car finished by the end of February, I am not real sure that 80% finished means anything at all. Meanwhile, I am still driving this POS Chevy Impala.

I wish I had better news to share, but more of the same.
That's just craziness! I just it actually runs when you get it back, with no additional problems afterwards. This may have been asked before, but who's paying your monthly nut on the bimmer?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

[quote name='DrLev99' date='Apr 7 2008, 05:38 PM' post='557586']
That's just craziness! I just it actually runs when you get it back, with no additional problems afterwards. This may have been asked before, but who's paying your monthly nut on the bimmer?
[/quote

I am paying $820 each and every month, but hey, I get to drive a nice Chevy Impala and my insurance company is very generous giving me $10/day for loss of use while my vehicle is being repaired. Yes, I said $10/day.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Contributors

Oh man that sux. I feel for you.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

NJ is tricky. If you receive compensation from an insurance company for any claim then you are not permitted to sue the other party for any money. Otherwise you could have sued him personally for the loss of use of your car for the time it was in the shop. I know he was just a kid and feel bad but that feeling does not over ride you having to pay a lease on a car you can't drive. When I had my M3 for a week I was rear ended by a delivery van. I am sure that you know about verbal threshold in NJ. It basically means that you wave your right to sue for pain and suffering resulting from an accident. If you do not agree to this clause, your rates are way higher so everyone basically signs it. The exceptions to this are if you break a bone or are hit by a commercial vehicle. Since it was entirely his fault I went through their insurance company. Mine was never even informed. The damage to my car was only a few thousand dollars but knowing that I had the ability to sue for pain and suffering (I was fine) they didn't even ask for an estimate and paid the body shop extra money to have my car fixed quickly. Four days later the car was fixed and the shop had a Fed Exed check for the entire amount, no questions asked. Guess I was lucky. All the best of luck.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

I get to drive a nice Chevy Impala
Any mods yet on the Cobalt?
Old 04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

I feel your pain. Hang in there and good luck.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:59 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

I'd have retained a lawyer. Be afraid of the shop running out of money to fix it and the insurance co. refusing to pay more.

Quick Reply: The tear down on my 535 has begun.....