E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Taking my car in for the recall on Monday....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='498681' date='Nov 25 2007, 01:28 AM
Here is the bulletin. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...&pid=405833

Yipes. I don't like hearing this. I too was bringing mine in on Monday for the missing Pop-up arrow in the NAV screen to get the latest Progman, per this bulletin. Anyone else?? How is v27.2, does it solve doug_999's issues?

Anyone else got an opinion on the latest progman update??
Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Veight' post='496949' date='Nov 20 2007, 04:39 PM
My 550 is an April 06 build. I don't know the progman version but I know 600 releases have come out since my car was made. Nothing really wrong with car but I don't have current menus and I don't have the daytime driving light on / off feature. I don't have the ipod scrolling feature that Rudy mentions.

Should I make up a story like my cd player doesnt shut down or what is the best current "story" to feed the service writer to get the software update done for free?

Thanks...
Veight did you bring your car in today? Brought mine in this morning and gave my SA a printed copy of the SIB concerning my misssing NAV Pop Up Arrow and requested v27.2 to remedy the problem. I am now the proud temporary owner of a '07 328i.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='499046' date='Nov 26 2007, 01:59 AM
Anyone else got an opinion on the latest progman update??

Well I brought my car in at 8 am and got it back at 5 pm. I had the ground wire campaign done, and also told the SA that my Nav arrows don't go on when i have a destination set in my idrive. He looked at me like I was from Mars. I wasn't about to quote him SIB 846106, it would have been too suspicious. So then I said oh I have rough idling too (which I do have on rare occasion). He seemed to hear that one before so he said they would "look into it".

Well I got the car back and they had reprogrammed it but i'm not sure what version I got. The Invoice says... Customer reports that the vehicle Idles rough at first start.
Tech updated Vehicle Software per SIB611403 for cold idle fluctuations.

Now when I look up SIB611403 I see it is for progman update Apr 07 CIP 25.01. This is per Cobradav's listing of SIB codes.

I wonder whether they keep the same SIB number for every version of CIP update. If so I probably got 27.2. I see my nav is nicer looking . I noted that Doug 999 had problems with his phone pairing, but I went to Idrive and repaired my razr and it worked in like 3 seconds. Hopefully everything else works too.

What would tell me if I truly have progman version 27.2.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Veight' post='499325' date='Nov 26 2007, 10:52 PM
Well I brought my car in at 8 am and got it back at 5 pm. I had the ground wire campaign done, and also told the SA that my Nav arrows don't go on when i have a destination set in my idrive. He looked at me like I was from Mars. I wasn't about to quote him SIB 846106, it would have been too suspicious. So then I said oh I have rough idling too (which I do have on rare occasion). He seemed to hear that one before so he said they would "look into it".

Well I got the car back and they had reprogrammed it but i'm not sure what version I got. The Invoice says... Customer reports that the vehicle Idles rough at first start.

Now when I look up SIB611403 I see it is for progman update Apr 07 CIP 25.01. This is per Cobradav's listing of SIB codes.

I wonder whether they keep the same SIB number for every version of CIP update. If so I probably got 27.2. I see my nav is nicer looking . I noted that Doug 999 had problems with his phone pairing, but I went to Idrive and repaired my razr and it worked in like 3 seconds. Hopefully everything else works too.

Wow, congrats on the great service, something I'm not use to...I brought mine in at 8m and was told it was going to take till at least tomorrow. This is the third time I have brought it in for the missing pop up nav arrow, rough idle, slow idrive at start-up. This time I brought a hard copy of the SIB detailing the fix for the problems. I got a call a few hours later from the SA asking what I meant by missing pop up arrow in the Nav., even after having given them the hard copy. I have told them in detail the problem three previous times. I don't understand why we have access to this information yet this dealership can't figure out how to or refuses to fix the problem. You would think it would be more cost effective to fix the problem the first time rather than spending three separate occasions pretenting to try to fix the problem hoping I would just give up. So mickey frickin frustrating.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Members

Hey, congrats on the programming. I am a near by chicago resident and was just curious what dealer you went to for the recall? I would really appreciate it as I am ready to take in my M5 to get some warranty work done to it and I would really like to have my M5 updated to have the nice new looking I-Drive screen. Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='499134' date='Nov 26 2007, 12:01 PM
Veight did you bring your car in today? Brought mine in this morning and gave my SA a printed copy of the SIB concerning my misssing NAV Pop Up Arrow and requested v27.2 to remedy the problem. I am now the proud temporary owner of a '07 328i.

I brought it in yeasterday (monday) morning and got it back last night. I had a new 400 mile 328i too.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWSTROKE' post='499479' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:13 AM
Hey, congrats on the programming. I am a near by chicago resident and was just curious what dealer you went to for the recall? I would really appreciate it as I am ready to take in my M5 to get some warranty work done to it and I would really like to have my M5 updated to have the nice new looking I-Drive screen. Thanks

Knauz in Lake bluff. Get a valid M5 excuse for needing the programming. My rough idle issue got me mine for n/c. I dont think that one will work with the v10.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Veight' post='499325' date='Nov 26 2007, 09:52 PM

A service bulletin that requires a software update will usually specify that the car needs to be updated to a specific version or higher. The specific version is the minium version that fixes the problem but all future versions should also contain the fix. In other words, the dealer would have loaded the newest version they had at the time of the service, as long as it was the same or higher than the one specified in the bulletin. In case you didn't see it, here's a link to the specific bulletin that you mentioned (SIB611403):
http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/bullet...mp/B611403g.htm
(note the procedure at the bottom says "or higher" when it describes the software version...)

The only way to truly know what version you now have is to ask the dealer...