5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   SW... TMC/MP3 (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/sw-tmc-mp3-1051/)

speuk 05-14-2004 04:14 AM

Had the latest (May 2004 release) software installed yesterday while the car was in for its first service and to resolve some issues with the last SW update. I asked about TMC and MP3 features and dealer e mailed BMW UK and was advised that these features were currently only available on systems with Pro Nav / dual cd drives. Whilst the intention had been to make them available with the 606 Business Nav as well they currently have a technical issue which prevents them making this available... the note went on to say that BMW AG were working on the issue and it was hoped that it would be resolved by late 2004 or early 2005. <_<

Also had the progreesive brake force indication activated, again dealer had to e mail BMW UK as the system said the car did not have a compatable production date for this feature, but it has been activated Ok. :rolleyes:

spe
UK 530dA [25.08.03 build] silver grey/blk lthr; 116 17" rims;advanced a/c;poplar wd;BT;BusNav;Hi-Fi Spkrs; 6CD;sunroof etc...

skidster 05-14-2004 04:44 AM

thanks for the update -- good to hear that now they say they are working on the TMC - better than my last update which stopped at No... and also good to hear about the BFD -- will have to follow up with my dealer

cheers

ricky 05-14-2004 04:46 AM

In Italy , till now, no way to have voice control and MP3 playing on jan-feb 2004 made cars.

But Since first day I had TMC working.

I'm waiting an official answer from BMW since 26 march 2004; they reply to me via e-mail, your problem is on our attention, we are working on, please wait an answer.

E60 530d , silver titanium, pro nav, active steering, 123 18" wheels, PDC, advanced A/C .

JohanDC 05-14-2004 05:12 AM

Ricky - We are talking here about Business Navigation, not the Professional one since that unit has the TMC function working since day one.

ricky 05-14-2004 05:48 AM

Very sorry JohanDC, I didnt read carefully.

JohanDC 05-14-2004 05:52 AM

No prob - Just wanted to point this out to avoid any confusion.

BMW530 05-14-2004 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by speuk' date='May 14 2004, 06:14 AM
Had the latest (May 2004 release) software installed yesterday while the car was in for its first service and to resolve some issues with the last SW update. I asked about TMC and MP3 features and dealer e mailed BMW UK and was advised that these features were currently only available on systems with Pro Nav / dual cd drives. Whilst the intention had been to make them available with the 606 Business Nav as well they currently have a technical issue which prevents them making this available... the note went on to say that BMW AG were working on the issue and it was hoped that it would be resolved by late 2004 or early 2005. <_<

Also had the progreesive brake force indication activated, again dealer had to e mail BMW UK as the system said the car did not have a compatable production date for this feature, but it has been activated Ok. :rolleyes:

spe
UK 530dA [25.08.03 build] silver grey/blk lthr; 116 17" rims;advanced a/c;poplar wd;BT;BusNav;Hi-Fi Spkrs; 6CD;sunroof etc...

speuk,

Great to hear that you got the Brake Force Display activated.
My car is going in for the activation on Monday but they are still saying its not possible. I keep saying to them its only a software issue.
My car was registered in December 2003 with a build date in November 2003. If your car was built in August 2003 (as stated in your signature) then they should be able to activated it. Any ideas what part of the software they used to activavted it. Any information would be good to point my dealer in the right direction. What dealer did are using in the UK? Maybe I can get my dealer to talk to them if they are unsure.

BTW How did you test the BFD?

speuk 05-14-2004 07:32 AM

BMW 530

Yes my car was built on the 25th August last year and delivered on the launch day. If your dealer contacts BMW Technical at Bracknell they will tell him how to activate the BFD. I used Benham BMW in Wolverhampton, altough I am based mainly in London ( We buy all our BMW's through this dealer as it is local to our Group HQ. The technican who did the work was Darren and the service manager is Jason tel 01902 457000.

Hope you get it sorted Ok

Have not tested it myself yet but Benhams said they had and was working OK

BMW530 05-14-2004 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by speuk' date='May 14 2004, 09:32 AM
BMW 530

Yes my car was built on the 25th August last year and delivered on the launch day. If your dealer contacts BMW Technical at Bracknell they will tell him how to activate the BFD. I used Benham BMW in Wolverhampton, altough I am based mainly in London ( We buy all our BMW's through this dealer as it is local to our Group HQ. The technican who did the work was Darren and the service manager is Jason tel 01902 457000.

Hope you get it sorted Ok

Have not tested it myself yet but Benhams said they had and was working OK

speuk,

Thanks. Will let you know how I get on next week.

BMW530 05-18-2004 04:08 AM

speuk,
Well BFD not activated by dealer even though I supplied all the information I got from this post. They've emailed BMW UK direct for further instructions. Asked them about contact Benham BMW for information but they said its not procedure so had to go to BMW UK instead. Now waiting for them to call me back, probably next few days.

Got the folding mirrors by remote done even though they said it couldn't be activated due to software messages. Very strange.

Anyway keep you posted on the BFD situation.
Thanks