E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sunroof shape versus roof shape

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Hello Forum,

I have had the sunroof adjusted three times now due to the noise and the noise has become even worse. Now my question: in my car the glasroof doesn't have the same shape as the entire roof. If the sunroof is at the same level in the edges it is about 1-2 mm under the roof level in the middle. Is this normal?

Now they have adjusted the sunroof to be around 3-4 mm higher than the roof in the edges and it's really noisy, especially if the weather is windy.

I think that changing the seal is not a solution, but should the sunroof have the same shape as the roof?

Best regards,

TG II
Old 05-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi TitangrauII530iA,

Sorry to read about your problem.

Has the new car otherwise functioned OK?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='880315' date='May 16 2009, 08:55 PM
Hi TitangrauII530iA,

Sorry to read about your problem.

Has the new car otherwise functioned OK?
Hi Ricracing,

The HPI pump has been changed as recall from BMW. After that some problems have occurred, but the diagnostic system doesn't show any faults. I am not too happy with the quality, some extra noises in the interior as well...

Regards

TGII
Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Mine has been perfect.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M sport

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='880321' date='May 16 2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Ricracing,

The HPI pump has been changed as recall from BMW. After that some problems have occurred, but the diagnostic system doesn't show any faults. I am not too happy with the quality, some extra noises in the interior as well...

Regards

TGII

Sorry to hear of your experience thus far. Unfortunately, BMW's are notorious for their extra interior noises (creaking, pinging, etc). If you ask 100 people on here about the level of noise from the sunroof you will get a variety of responses. Mine does make some noise of the screen is pulled back but not enough to take a chance onmaking it worse by attempting to fix it. Keep taking it back to them, they will ultimately have to either replace your whole sunroof or buy back the car, i believe (but i may be wrong). These cars are in some aspects over-engineered, but I do love my car and as long as you have etended warranty coverage you should have peace of mind. Good luck. At the very least, have them bring it back to the way it was. Le us know how it works out.