E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

summertime

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I have to take my car in for service for a number of things once again and was wondering if any one has had the solutions to these problems. I now have a new SA and as of yet dont feel as comfortable with him as my previous SA I have version 13.2 software i think one update since i have had the car:

My radio has like a buffer underrun and thus studders constanly on any cd new burned or old cd

My brakes squeek constanly especially at a slow stop.

My Ac unit stinks like all get out notice more now cause of the summertime wheather.

My idrive sometimes hangs up and i have to restart the car and then it is okay.

My car has a noticible hesitation on acceleration on occasions and the idle is not as smooth as it used to be can see the tach searching more at idle.

l have had the plastic panels on the pillars where the seat belts attached under warrenty once for warping and now they are warping again please check your cars to see if you have this problem if you do you will see a hole when you open the door and look at the felt mouldings, it wont cover the plastic. Just relly curious about this one.

And last but not least my headlights in auto mode stay on in bright sunlight.

If these annoyances have been rectified in the latest uprgrades of software or tsb's please let me know so i can have ammunition when i grace the dealers repair shop.
Attached Thumbnails summertime-dscn2995.jpg  
Old 04-28-2005, 03:58 AM
Contributors

With regards the smelly AC, I believe they do have to be cleaned & disinfected occasionally due to bacterial build-up. This build-up occurs (if I recall correctly) if the AC is not used for long periods of time.

On my X5 I had this procedure carried out last October and the odour that had started to get noticeable prior to this, disappeared. I think it cost me about ?75

Hope this helps
Old 04-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

I had a similar situation with my AC about a month after I got the car. But in due time that smell kept diminishing. I don't have the problem anymore. As for the I-Drive problems, I think its time to get the new 16.2 version. I'm scheduled to get mine upgraded first week of May.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

I keep my Climate setting on auto all the time, even in cold weather. It seams that it wants the AC to run to remove humidity from the system and cabin no matter how cold it is outside, hence to AC stink.

The squealing brakes are a 530 problem. They need to be cleaned and adjusted but it will most probably return.

Your other symptoms will all be fixed with CIP 16.1 or higher. I have found a remarkable improvement in engine smoothness and power since the upgrade. Its better than new now.