E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Stupid valet scrape my bumper !!!!@#$@#$

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

That's it! I just proved myself i'm stupid.

I NEVER give my car to a valet due to the fact that my 550 is a 6 speed, and besides.. they are all part of a cult that believes in screwing up someone else's car...

So, I decided to go to Naples for the weekend and stay at the Ritz, when I get there I ask where can I park my car and the guy tells me it's a valet only and there is no close by parking..
I ask him if he knows how to drive stick, and he answers 'we all are'... ok!

I just got back home and washed my car which got filthy after the trip, as I bend down for the bumper I noticed the horror! it's really bad!

I can't stand it. I think i'm gonna order myself a new car.

:'(
Old 09-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Senior Members

:'( :'(

Sorry to hear! I feel your pain. Valet parking is very rare in Denmark / Europe. I know the feeling since some stupid car touched my bumper last week, so now we have a small dent on the rear plastic bumper... There is no paint damage, so I will try to fix it, with some warm air.. It's that the way to fix small dents on platic bumpers ?
Attached Thumbnails Stupid valet scrape my bumper &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;@#&#036;@#&#036;-dent.jpg  
Old 09-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Contributors

I feel both of your pain. I scratched my front bumper on a parking block thing. At first the bumper was dented, so I backed it up, and played around with it for a little while and everything was back into shape, but the paint is gone, until today, I haven't gotten it repainted yet. Normally if you push the sides slowly round and round, it shoudl come back up, or else, a blow dryer will slowly do the job. Cheers..
Old 09-05-2006, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gadgets' post='330902' date='Sep 5 2006, 06:38 AM
I can't stand it. I think i'm gonna order myself a new car.

:'(
m5
Old 09-05-2006, 03:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='330906' date='Sep 5 2006, 03:06 AM
:'( :'(

Sorry to hear! I feel your pain. Valet parking is very rare in Denmark / Europe. I know the feeling since some stupid car touched my bumper last week, so now we have a small dent on the rear plastic bumper... There is no paint damage, so I will try to fix it, with some warm air.. It's that the way to fix small dents on platic bumpers ?
That one may come out with the "dent remover systems." They put suction up to the dent and pull the dent out.

They even sell those systems "over the counter" in the US, although the big machines work the best.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I valet park my SMG a few times a week.

Never a scratch.

If the valet is a guy I don't know already, I just tell them to be sure and use the hand brake.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: CURRENT 2005 M3 - Silver on black, Leather, Sport Package, SMG, PDC. (wife) 2004 545i - Black on Gray, Leather, Steptronic Transmission, Sport Package, Navigation, Active Steering.

Ouch! Is it too late to go back and make them pay for the damage? The bad thing is that the hotel contract most likely states that they are not liable for damage, which is usually the case. I hate that when the force valet parking yet are not liable for damages they cause.

I will not let a valet park my car at all, I have had two issues in the past that I will never do again.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

The very same thing happened to my '98 528i when it was less than a year old. Damn valet didn't even tell me about it until after I tipped him. The service owner paid for the repair, but I had to deliver the car to the body shop and drive a stinky Taurus rental for the day. I continue to refuse to use any valet service under any circumstances. Why entrust a $60k car to a kid or an adult with a kid's mentality. Never again. Ever.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:52 AM
caf
Members

I agree with the non-valet parkers.

Several years ago within a one month period:

1) A friend of mine came out of a black tie event and waited a long time for his car. Eventually, one of the valets said there was a problem with the car. Turned out that the valet, while backing up my friend's manual transmission car, had tagged a column in the garage, tearing off the ENTIRE front bumper cover and fascia.

2) Another friend valet parked at one of Chicago's best hotels. Turned out that the jacketed "valet" didn't work for the hotel at all. New Lexus LX470 showed up later stripped, with all the Christmas presents that had been bought gone.

3) Shortly after that, I went to a nice restaurant on a Caribbean island. Valet parking only. With my number 2's friend's experience fresh in my mind, I joked with the valet "you're really a valet, aren't you?" I figured, what the heck, it's only a rental--a white Suzuki SUV, a very commonly rented vehicle there. The valet gave me a claim check. Came out of dinner later, handed him my claim check and he brought me the car. The next morning something seemed wrong. The valet had brought me the WRONG white Suzuki SUV!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by caf' post='331099' date='Sep 5 2006, 07:52 PM
3) Shortly after that, I went to a nice restaurant on a Caribbean island. Valet parking only. With my number 2's friend's experience fresh in my mind, I joked with the valet "you're really a valet, aren't you?" I figured, what the heck, it's only a rental--a white Suzuki SUV, a very commonly rented vehicle there. The valet gave me a claim check. Came out of dinner later, handed him my claim check and he brought me the car. The next morning something seemed wrong. The valet had brought me the WRONG white Suzuki SUV!
WTF!!

Quick Reply: Stupid valet scrape my bumper !!!!@#$@#$