E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Stupid Valet people and newfound appreciation for Active Steering

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

I went to a restaurant last night and had to valet the car. Everytime I valet, the idiots switch my headlights from automatic to "on". I'm so used to not having to turn it off that I forgot last night and this morning my car was dead. IDIOTS!! So I had the car jumped but I had an Active Steering fault. The manual said to turn the car off all the way and then back and it should be re-initiated. It didn't so I drove off thinking "great, another dealer visit." But as I was driving, I could totally feel the difference between having active steering and not. Its like night and day. It re-initiated while i was driving but no I have a new appreciate on how nice the active steering makes my car feel. I love my car!

David
Old 11-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Does it feel like driving a truck when the active steering is not active??
Old 11-10-2005, 11:08 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Heh, it's not that bad without Active Steering.

(Coming from someone who couldn't get Active Steering because it's not available on the xi... )
Old 11-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by bleudyno' post='196314' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:47 PM
I went to a restaurant last night and had to valet the car. Everytime I valet, the idiots switch my headlights from automatic to "on". I'm so used to not having to turn it off that I forgot last night and this morning my car was dead. IDIOTS!! So I had the car jumped but I had an Active Steering fault. The manual said to turn the car off all the way and then back and it should be re-initiated. It didn't so I drove off thinking "great, another dealer visit." But as I was driving, I could totally feel the difference between having active steering and not. Its like night and day. It re-initiated while i was driving but no I have a new appreciate on how nice the active steering makes my car feel. I love my car!

David
"Idiots?" Hummm!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by donv' post='196330

David
"Idiots?" Hummm!
[/quote]

Very funny - Thinking that myself!
Old 11-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Green-Crayon' post='196334
Originally Posted by bleudyno' post='196314' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:47 PM

David
"Idiots?" Hummm!
Very funny - Thinking that myself!
[/quote]
You know what they say about great minds. ~{;^)
Old 11-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

I hate having my car valet'd.

I worry more about them not understanding active steering and clipping a curb or car - I almost did that the very first turn I took out of the dealership. I always mention to them that it has a very aggresive steering system. Am I being over cautious?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jsal' post='196387' date='Nov 10 2005, 05:50 PM
I hate having my car valet'd.

I worry more about them not understanding active steering and clipping a curb or car - I almost did that the very first turn I took out of the dealership. I always mention to them that it has a very aggresive steering system. Am I being over cautious?
You have every reason to be seriously concerned.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Originally Posted by das' post='196319' date='Nov 10 2005, 02:08 PM

(Coming from someone who couldn't get Active Steering because it's not available on the xi... )
Just wondering
cuz i had a x5 and it felt like driving a truck!!always had sore hands after driving :thumbsdown:
Old 11-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M-Sport xDrive
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by m5lover' post='196409

Just wondering
cuz i had a x5 and it felt like driving a truck!!always had sore hands after driving :thumbsdown:
[/quote]
I see you ordered a M5 with Active Steering. I thought it is not available for M5.

Quick Reply: Stupid Valet people and newfound appreciation for Active Steering