E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Stupid muffkin' car!!!!!!!!!&#

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i 6MT, Sport Pkg, Prem Pkg, sprint booster, ram air, BMC filter.

Originally Posted by El Immigrante' post='892482' date='May 27 2009, 11:55 PM
No back to Long Beach BMW. Since they already reprogrammed car, I'm curious to know what they'll suggest is the cause this time around. I'm going to shoot for a new transmission. They know I live in Sylmar and have been driving all the way down to LB for service. This time around I'm not going to take back the car until it is repaired 100% to my satisfaction which means I'll be picking it up early in the morning and driving it around in the area all day to ensure the issue is completely resolved.
You're entitled for a loaner while they get that problem fixed. Threaten them with lemon law.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)

Originally Posted by forced528' post='892594' date='May 27 2009, 10:17 PM
You're entitled for a loaner while they get that problem fixed. Threaten them with lemon law.
They always give me a loaner, so it's all good from that perspective. I'll drop the L word after this next visit, that is, assuming they're unable to fix the problem.

I mean, mine Tahoe and F250 drive smoother.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='892472' date='May 27 2009, 08:52 PM
So it was NOT the SB? Sucks dude, but you know what - don't even sweat it. You know you love that car, so jus get it to the dealer and have them do their thing like they supposed to and ride the shit out of some loaner in the meantime
You're right...I do love the car that is why I'm being so patient.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='892476' date='May 27 2009, 08:53 PM
That sucks El.

I've never had a trans slam in my ride (yet).
Napolean Dynamite- "Lucky!"
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

I called the my SA today and he told me unless I want to leave the car for a week it's not a problem. I knew it would probably come to this if it the slam happened again. They've done all the upgrades which included the following:

#1 AUTO TRANS DIAG
NIC IS WORSE THAN BEFORE;

AS PER SIB 240308 PERFORMED CONVERTER CLUTCH LOCKUP RETROFIT USING ISTAP. THE RETROFIT WAS NOT IN THE SOFTWARE.
PUMA CASE# 23994850 INSTALLED AND SUPPLIED VO INTO VEHICLE.

At this point they have to keep the car and run a series of tests at different intervals and times to see how many times they can make the issue occur and shoot BMWNA a puma case requesting what steps to take and authorized corrections. I made an appointment to bring my car in next week so lets see what happens. As far as the LAG is concerned that's fixed.

Good luck with yours...

Rick..
Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='892613' date='May 27 2009, 10:37 PM
I called the my SA today and he told me unless I want to leave the car for a week it's not a problem. I knew it would probably come to this if it the slam happened again. They've done all the upgrades which included the following:

#1 AUTO TRANS DIAG
NIC IS WORSE THAN BEFORE;

AS PER SIB 240308 PERFORMED CONVERTER CLUTCH LOCKUP RETROFIT USING ISTAP. THE RETROFIT WAS NOT IN THE SOFTWARE.
PUMA CASE# 23994850 INSTALLED AND SUPPLIED VO INTO VEHICLE.

At this point they have to keep the car and run a series of tests at different intervals and times to see how many times they can make the issue occur and shoot BMWNA a puma case requesting what steps to take and authorized corrections. I made an appointment to bring my car in next week so lets see what happens. As far as the LAG is concerned that's fixed.

Good luck with yours...

Rick..
Keep us posted...mine also goes in on Tuesday.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by El Immigrante' post='892621' date='May 28 2009, 01:42 AM
Keep us posted...mine also goes in on Tuesday.
COOL! Keep us posted on your situation.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

That's gotta be a pain...
I spent a couple hours on the parking lot (aka 405fwy) yesterday coming back to the Valley from Costa Mesa.
Good luck with the repairs.

Originally Posted by El Immigrante' post='892482' date='May 27 2009, 08:55 PM
No back to Long Beach BMW. Since they already reprogrammed car, I'm curious to know what they'll suggest is the cause this time around. I'm going to shoot for a new transmission. They know I live in Sylmar and have been driving all the way down to LB for service. This time around I'm not going to take back the car until it is repaired 100% to my satisfaction which means I'll be picking it up early in the morning and driving it around in the area all day to ensure the issue is completely resolved.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='892476' date='May 28 2009, 05:53 AM
That sucks El.

I've never had a trans slam in my ride (yet).
+1 I can't imagine what it feels like and hope I never do.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Contributors

w00t*w00t*....I received a call from LB BMW today and they asked me to bring the car in tomorrow ahead of schedule.

Quick Reply: Stupid muffkin' car!!!!!!!!!&#