5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Strange effect w/"CTL+ALT+DEL" without NAV (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/strange-effect-w-ctl-alt-del-without-nav-3214/)

SueBMW 09-23-2004 06:29 PM

So, curious to see if the CD EJECT, Volume trick would work with our car, which has no NAV, I got a very interesting effect. No iDrive restart. Nothing happened, except ejecting the CD. So then I tried pushing in the iDrive controller, too. It selected the iDrive menu. I tried all different combinations. This was all with the car running. So then I shut the ignition all the way off and tried it again. It started the CD player up. Everything with iDrive was functional, and even the steering wheel buttons worked. I have NEVER been able to turn the radio on with the car off before, even with the key in the ignition (unless full accessory power is on). It didn't work with just the radio volume and eject button, only with iDrive, volume, and eject button. It ejected the CD, and the iDrive screen lit up when the CD came out. Very strange.

skipper 09-23-2004 08:44 PM

SUEBMW, I guess it is one of those things where when you have somthing so technologically advanced, you will find things in the technology to exploit. As time goes on I am sure we will find other little hidden secrets. Who knows, maybe someone will find out that if you push the cd eject, while pushing the I-Drive controller and hitting the trunk release with your toe and pushing back hard on the seats will make all winows and moon roof open or close. (DON'T TRY THIS WHILE DRIVING) :geek:

my530i 09-23-2004 09:09 PM

Those hidden feature just remind me that our car is more software based than hardware based :blink:
Again, Microsoft vs. GM story.

Iceman 09-24-2004 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Sep 24 2004, 06:44 AM
Who knows, maybe someone will find out that if you push the cd eject, while pushing the I-Drive controller and hitting the trunk release with your toe and pushing back hard on the seats will make all winows and moon roof open or close. (DON'T TRY THIS WHILE DRIVING)? :geek:
[snapback]37665[/snapback]

:wow:
I'll wait for somebody else to try it... :whistle: :whistle:

my530i 09-24-2004 01:51 PM

Mine is very strange that when I simultaneously press Power/Vol and Eject buttons, no CD coming out :wow: . Oh I forgot to mention that I did not have CD in the CD player :P

Iceman 09-24-2004 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Sep 24 2004, 11:51 PM
Mine is very strange that when I simultaneously press Power/Vol and Eject buttons, no CD coming out? :wow: . Oh I forgot to mention that I did not have CD in the CD player? :P
[snapback]37873[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jtxc 09-24-2004 02:28 PM

Sounds like you need to be a contorsionist to make this happen :ermm:

amigo525 09-24-2004 03:36 PM

I found a very nice trick the other way:

When pushing the pedal to the medal my car screen like a jet! :wow: :wow:

Iceman 09-24-2004 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Sep 25 2004, 01:36 AM
I found a very nice trick the other way:

When pushing the pedal to the medal my car screen like a jet!? :wow:? :wow:
[snapback]37901[/snapback]

That's a known bug they can't fix... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :lol:

Flowerfred 09-28-2004 03:24 AM

Did you know that if you stare at an M5 for too long, your bank balance will come up GBP 70,000 less than before..

Very strange..