E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Still not sure what the STI was drinking..??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So 2,100 miles and as my luck has had it lately, any car that would be fun to play with is always either going the opposite direction or just ziggin while I'm zaggin. So other than my post on the C6 it's been dry, and it's SUMMER dag nab it! UNTIL TONIGHT!

STI vs 550i - Ooo Aaah.. the moment we've all been waiting for.. A traffic light, two lane, opportunity. Strangely enough it's exactly where I ran the C6 but going the opposite direction.

I say opportunity because the STI driver must have been on CRACK! Well maybe not crack but.. So I'm 35 and probably one of the younger 550 drivers.. and this guy was def in his 40's so not who I figured who'd be driving the STI. We should have been driving each others cars, statisitcally anyway. So we weren't able to line up next to each other with a staggered few cars in front of us. But I am the gentleman and thought I would let him get ahead of the car in front of his and I'd follow.. leaving us able to run clear while rolling at about 30 or 40. Sigh, instead he just takes off, smoggin me with his exhaust (damm turbos, gag) and I follow of course. This of course if not a fair or equal battle but I figure maybe we'll have another go so I stick with him. Now unbelievably I start to actually gain on him and start to just about pull up next to him in the left lane. We were at triple digits by now. Which is when he NAILS his brakes.. I mean nail as in you better have anti-locks nail.. So I go by him slowing down and take the next turn off. He follows and I think, nice.. we'll have a go again since there is a nice road coming up again.. I slow down and move over to chat or go again and he just wizzes by.. So I give up.. The strange part was he was way back behind me and had to fly to catch me like he did. I saw him hauling butt, to catch me.. and then the disappointment.. It could have been a match made in heaven.... Someone should take his turbo away!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Oh, you know he's going to post that he pwned you if he's a member of any STI forum. I can hear it now... He beat you into the triple digits then decided enough was enough and shut it down.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by wavehogger' post='309614' date='Jul 11 2006, 07:55 PM
So 2,100 miles and as my luck has had it lately, any car that would be fun to play with is always either going the opposite direction or just ziggin while I'm zaggin. So other than my post on the C6 it's been dry, and it's SUMMER dag nab it! UNTIL TONIGHT!

STI vs 550i - Ooo Aaah.. the moment we've all been waiting for.. A traffic light, two lane, opportunity. Strangely enough it's exactly where I ran the C6 but going the opposite direction.

I say opportunity because the STI driver must have been on CRACK! Well maybe not crack but.. So I'm 35 and probably one of the younger 550 drivers.. and this guy was def in his 40's so not who I figured who'd be driving the STI. We should have been driving each others cars, statisitcally anyway. So we weren't able to line up next to each other with a staggered few cars in front of us. But I am the gentleman and thought I would let him get ahead of the car in front of his and I'd follow.. leaving us able to run clear while rolling at about 30 or 40. Sigh, instead he just takes off, smoggin me with his exhaust (damm turbos, gag) and I follow of course. This of course if not a fair or equal battle but I figure maybe we'll have another go so I stick with him. Now unbelievably I start to actually gain on him and start to just about pull up next to him in the left lane. We were at triple digits by now. Which is when he NAILS his brakes.. I mean nail as in you better have anti-locks nail.. So I go by him slowing down and take the next turn off. He follows and I think, nice.. we'll have a go again since there is a nice road coming up again.. I slow down and move over to chat or go again and he just wizzes by.. So I give up.. The strange part was he was way back behind me and had to fly to catch me like he did. I saw him hauling butt, to catch me.. and then the disappointment.. It could have been a match made in heaven.... Someone should take his turbo away!
Don't you just hate those situations.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by wavehogger' post='309614' date='Jul 11 2006, 08:55 PM

I'm 29... and now you made me feel old...
Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Our cars kick ass...but at the end of the day its not what you drive...its how you drive what you have.....I've kicked the shit out of a couple of cars that could and should have killed me...I just risked my life and they play it safe....I say one thing ..but when your in that seat....the ultimate driving machine alters your mind i swear!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' post='309665' date='Jul 11 2006, 10:10 PM
Our cars kick ass...but at the end of the day its not what you drive...its how you drive what you have.....I've kicked the shit out off a couple of cars that could and should have killed me...I just risked my life and they play it safe....I say one thing ..but when your in that seat....the ulitimate driving machine alters your mind i swear!

That's going a little too far... Please do try to be careful and not injure or kill yourself in the process. I know, it's like calling the kettle black. When I do my spirited drives I do not risk my life for the win. If the other car beats me, fine. I'll live to "fight" another day.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Gadgets' post='309657' date='Jul 11 2006, 09:04 PM
I'm 29... and now you made me feel old...

Hehe I think you made jiio feel old. LOL

Aww man... what a disappointment... I was hoping for a nice even race. AND hoping to read a good kill.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='309671' date='Jul 11 2006, 10:35 PM
Hehe I think you made jiio feel old. LOL
Aww man... what a disappointment... I was hoping for a nice even race. AND hoping to read a good kill.
Feel old??? I AM old!! Jiio's just a kid
Old 07-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='309756' date='Jul 12 2006, 06:55 AM
Feel old??? I AM old!! Jiio's just a kid
Yeah, you are an old fart. But an old fart with a beast.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by jiio' post='309795' date='Jul 12 2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah, you are an old fart. But an old fart with a beast.
LOL...wow, such kind words......should I feel better now??

Quick Reply: Still not sure what the STI was drinking..??