E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Still no Owner's Manual Online

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, obviously I have one in my glove compartment, but I'm lazy and sometimes I prefer to just look on my computer. So, it's 2006 already and these new cars were built starting in September, 2005 (actually, it was back in the Springtime, wasn't it?) - so what's taking so long?

Also, on the BMW NA website the Owner's Circle is shown as Owners' Circle. And the manual is listed as the Owners' Manual. I guess they figure their cars are sooo expensive that more than one person must own each car. (The dead-tree version in the glove copartment properly titles it as the Owner's Manual).
Old 01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i, 6s manual, Titanium Gray / Black Leather, M AeroKit, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation System, Comfort Seat, Heated and Folding Rear Seats, Rear Sun Shade System.

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='225244' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:45 PM
Yes, obviously I have one in my glove compartment, but I'm lazy and sometimes I prefer to just look on my computer. So, it's 2006 already and these new cars were built starting in September, 2005 (actually, it was back in the Springtime, wasn't it?) - so what's taking so long?

Also, on the BMW NA website the Owner's Circle is shown as Owners' Circle. And the manual is listed as the Owners' Manual. I guess they figure their cars are sooo expensive that more than one person must own each car. (The dead-tree version in the glove copartment properly titles it as the Owner's Manual).
I second this! I am still waiting for delivery of my car and an online manual would be nice. One - to get a jump start on figuring out how the car works and two - something to help with the waiting!

A bit off topic but I have noticed that the waiting for the car brings back childhood memories of waiting for Christmas and birthdays. As an adult, it is wonderful to see anticipation in children but it is nice to feel this for myself.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Yet Another Paul' post='225260

I second this! I am still waiting for delivery of my car and an online manual would be nice. One - to get a jump start on figuring out how the car works and two - something to help with the waiting!

A bit off topic but I have noticed that the waiting for the car brings back childhood memories of waiting for Christmas and birthdays. As an adult, it is wonderful to see anticipation in children but it is nice to feel this for myself.
[/quote]

I am in the same boat I need to start reading or doing something this waiting is killing me.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TV550' post='225262
Originally Posted by tachyon' post='225244' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:45 PM

This forum is so cool thanks for having the owners manual at the e60.net network.

I am in the same boat I need to start reading or doing something this waiting is killing me.
[/quote]
Old 01-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='225244' date='Jan 16 2006, 09:45 PM

BMW is waiting to mass produce the 555i, you know, the one after the 550i. It goes into production sometime this Fall. Then, they'll have the 5-series manual print.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER
[quote name='Yet Another Paul' date='Jan 17 2006, 12:03 AM' post='225260']

I second this! I am still waiting for delivery of my car and an online manual would be nice. One - to get a jump start on figuring out how the car works and two - something to help with the waiting

Ask your salesman for a manual to read until your car comes in.If he is any good he will more than gladly give you one.Mine did. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 01-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xiT, Silver Gray, Automatic, Navigation, Heads Up Display; Premium Package, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound System 2003 M3, Dakar Yellow, SMG

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='225244' date='Jan 16 2006, 10:45 PM

Go to the Information section of E60.net for the manual. Here is the link:

http://www.e60.net/information/2006_..._Manual_US.pdf
Old 01-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gray Dog' post='225850' date='Jan 18 2006, 05:12 AM
Go to the Information section of E60.net for the manual. Here is the link:

http://www.e60.net/information/2006_..._Manual_US.pdf
Right, but that is the pre-September 2006 manual .... no specific info on the 550 or any of the newest features such as the Start/Stop button.