E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Sticky-ness

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '09. Sport. Premium. Nav. C/T.Charcoal delete.K&N air filter.Kidneys.

Hello. Long time, 2nd time. Need help to better understand a problem I am having with my 09 528. Hoping that another member has had a similar experience and can shed some light......after driving the car and parking it for a period of time, (hours); after starting and beginning to drive and coming to a complete stop several times (3); then releasing the brakes and brake pedal, the car appears to be "stuck" for a moment and then the car feels like it unsticks and with a very minor jolt begins to move forward. Only happens after the car is driven and then parked. Hasn't happened during short parked times. Doesn't seem like anything is wrong and all checks result in ok.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

I always thought it could be a part of the trans mission heating up causing it to get stuck. I am very familiar with the feeling its similar to hill descent control except it completely holds the car.but in my instance I can feel the hold when ever I get to a full stop on a hill/incline.

Honestly, my car has a manual transmission and I always thought that it was a special feature on manual transmission BMWs .

But I dont think there a serious cause of worry because imagine if this started happening on wide scale we would hear more about it, so I feel like many people don't even notice it
Old 09-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Members

My Ride: '09. Sport. Premium. Nav. C/T.Charcoal delete.K&N air filter.Kidneys.

Thanks The Rab. Appreciate the feedback. I agree, no cause for concern. It just seems odd that it only occurs after the car is cold, having sat for a while.