E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Steering Wheel Vibration!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm confused as to why my steering wheel didn't vibrate when I had the DPE's on at stock height. But once I lowered it, the vibrating began

Would the steering wheel vibrate less at stock height on wheels that needed hubcentric rings?
Old 04-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Contributors

This may be a wild guess, but when you lowered your car, that of course caused increased camber, which in turn affected how the wheels are seated onto the hub, thus making the vibrations more apparent.

When i first had my BBS LM's mounted and installed, the shop didn't put my hubcentric rings on. Everything was perfectly fine under 60 mph, but once I passed that I would get extremely annoying vibrations. I went back and they put the rings on and the problem was solved. Currently on stock sport suspension still.

Bottom line, regardless of ride height if your hub bore is not the proper size you will need hubcentric rings.

Here are a few sources:

http://www.1010tires.com/hubrings.asp

Amazon Amazon

Please make sure to buy the right size!!! Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i can tell just from this picture that your rim center bore is too large. holes for the bolts dont line up right with the wheel holes.

you need the ring spacers.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Members

Just to update...I installed all four hubcentric rings (78mm outter and 72.56 inner)and now there is no vibration at all on the street or freeway

Thanks to everyone who helped out in this thread with their suggestions
Old 05-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Members

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!!!!!!!!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BUT I CAN NOT TO FIX IT AND I TRY FOR TREE MONTHS!!!
I BUY AND CHANGE MY 19 INCH WHEELS WITH A 19 MIRO 935 MODEL,I INSTALL THEM WITH ALL 4 HUBCENTRTIC RINGS AND WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION BECAUSE ARE FITING EXACTLY AND WHEN I START TO DRIVE I FEEL A VIBRATION ON MY STEERING WHEEL,I MAKE THE BALANCE FOR 4 TIMES AND ONE TIMES WITH HUNTER BALANCE MACHINE , I CHECK THE TIRES AND EVRETHING ITS OK,HONESTLY I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO? I CHECK THE FORUM AND SOME PEOPLE ARE SUGERATE TO MAKE THE ALINGMENT BUT THIS STEEP NOT REZOLV THE VIBRATION PROBLEM 90% ,MY QUESTION ITS IF SOMBODY KNOW IF I NEED TO INSTALL THE WHEELS WITH SPACERS OR I'M thinking TO CHECK THE FRONT LOWER ARMS W/BUSHINGS MAIBY SOMNTHING ITS WRONG... ???
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WITH ANY OPINION ARE WELCOME !!
Attached Thumbnails Steering Wheel Vibration!!  HELP!!!-bmw-048.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by seru788
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!!!!!!!!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BUT I CAN NOT TO FIX IT AND I TRY FOR TREE MONTHS!!!
I BUY AND CHANGE MY 19 INCH WHEELS WITH A 19 MIRO 935 MODEL,I INSTALL THEM WITH ALL 4 HUBCENTRTIC RINGS AND WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION BECAUSE ARE FITING EXACTLY AND WHEN I START TO DRIVE I FEEL A VIBRATION ON MY STEERING WHEEL,I MAKE THE BALANCE FOR 4 TIMES AND ONE TIMES WITH HUNTER BALANCE MACHINE , I CHECK THE TIRES AND EVRETHING ITS OK,HONESTLY I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO? I CHECK THE FORUM AND SOME PEOPLE ARE SUGERATE TO MAKE THE ALINGMENT BUT THIS STEEP NOT REZOLV THE VIBRATION PROBLEM 90% ,MY QUESTION ITS IF SOMBODY KNOW IF I NEED TO INSTALL THE WHEELS WITH SPACERS OR I'M thinking TO CHECK THE FRONT LOWER ARMS W/BUSHINGS MAIBY SOMNTHING ITS WRONG... ???
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WITH ANY OPINION ARE WELCOME !!
you need to make sure you have the right hub rings. check to see if they fit good in the wheel bore, and if they fit good over the hubs.

otherwise you might have some severly worn suspension parts.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Members

what suspension part do you think?? sombody sugest me to check the front lower arms/bushings other person sugest me to switch the front tires(driver/passanger/pasanger/driver) realy i dont know what i need to do,right now i order for a 3 times the centric hub rings and im gone go to make the balance for 5 times but on the hunter gps machine and install the new rings after that if the vibration its the same i try to order all the front lower arms with bushings and front struts im gone make the alingment to bmw dealership and maiby i need to change the front two tires and after that the vibration continue i sweer im gone burn the car the stering wheel vibration its not all the time just sometimes and under 70mph i feel other vibration under floor on the front wheels tires!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Steering Wheel Vibration!!  HELP!!!-bmw-049.jpg  
Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
you need to make sure you have the right hub rings. check to see if they fit good in the wheel bore, and if they fit good over the hubs.

otherwise you might have some severly worn suspension parts.

what suspension part do you think?? sombody sugest me to check the front lower arms/bushings other person sugest me to switch the front tires(driver/passanger/pasanger/driver) realy i dont know what i need to do,right now i order for a 3 times the centric hub rings and im gone go to make the balance for 5 times but on the hunter gps machine and install the new rings after that if the vibration its the same i try to order all the front lower arms with bushings and front struts im gone make the alingment to bmw dealership and maiby i need to change the front two tires and after that the vibration continue i sweer im gone burn the car the stering wheel vibration its not all the time just sometimes and under 70mph i feel other vibration under floor on the front wheels tires!!!!